THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: Staff Accountant DEPARTMENT: Accounting
REPORTS TO: Controller SUBORDINATES: Accounting Supervisor
LOCATION: Middleburg Heights, Ohio APPROVED/REVISED DATE: October 6, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company that provides innovations that exceeds expectations. Our company is built upon the talent and experience of our associates, and we are looking for a detail-oriented staff accountant that will grow into the organizations Controller and manage Brewer-Garrett's financial programs. This person will be responsible for many functions of the Accounting Department including but not limited to, generating monthly operational and sales-based reports, generating and managing monthly financial statements, maintaining G/L accounts, and assisting with the preparation of annual budgets. This role provides a great opportunity to learn about an exciting business and industry through the accounting lens, and provides hands-on experience as it pertains to the learning and taking ownership of the various duties and responsibilities within the controllership function.
- Supporting the Controller
- Assists the Controller in creating, managing and generating the monthly reports that are the building blocks of the monthly financial statements. These building blocks are:
- Construction Earned and Booked GP by sales rep
- Service Contract Status Reports
- Service Sales Booking Reports
- Balancing all reports to the General Ledger
- Assists the Controller in the gathering of information in the preparation of the annual budgets for Construction and Service.
- Assists the Controller in the preparation of year-end workpapers for BG's outside auditing firm.
- Maintains the related general ledger control accounts for the various income, payroll and sales tax liabilities to ensure accuracy.
- Assists the Controller and gathering information needed to quote BG's corporate insurance program.
- Assists the Controller in gathering the information for the insurance audit annually, a process in which BG and the insurance company "true-up" the premium based on actual payroll and subcontract dollars incurred during the fiscal year.
- Conducts the annual staff reviews and makes recommendations to the CFO.
- Works with operations personnel by providing information to help ensure inventory levels are not above the amount necessary to operate efficiently.
- Conducts annual BG physical inventory and reconciles to the Inventory system and the general ledger.
- Any other duties assigned by the Controller to keep things moving on a timely basis in the accounting department.
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, including the entire Accounting staff.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, 5-10 years of general accounting experience, 3+ years of supervisory experience
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!