THE BREWER-GARRETT COMPANY
TITLE: HVAC Building Controls Technician
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
LOCATION: Cleveland, Ohio
APPROVED/REVISED DATE: November 24, 2021
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking an HVAC Building Controls Technician to serve our client's needs.
- Travel to client's facilities to perform calibration, diagnostics, and repairs to HVAC controls equipment through the building automation system
- Familiarity with Trane, Carrier, Honeywell, Siemens, and ABB proprietary controls systems and components preferred
- Be proficient in basic control languages and graphic user interfaces
- Work with HVAC technical workforce to understand how the HVAC equipment operates and how the control system impacts that operation
- Assist the engineering construction controls team as necessary
- Assist in face-to-face work with customers in a professional, conscientious manner and provide customer training as needed
- Experience configuring, designing, and debugging PLC ladder logic and HMI programs
- Experience integrating field devices (VFD's, Valves, Process Instruments) with PLC's using data sheets only
SALES RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of automation experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
BG offers competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.