Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
As we continue to grow and expand we are seeking a dynamic Sr. Project Manager to lead our larger projects. The right candidate has to be able to work independently and with a variety of design and technical professionals. What makes our position unique is our Project Managers have an in-house design team and direct access to design professionals.
The goal of a Sr. Project Manager is to direct and focus effort, expertise, creative talent, and construction management on all project-related construction and developmental issues from award through completion of the work.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are compliant with contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) take place.
- Self-manage, work under the direction of the operations manager, and/or project executive, and effectively integrate with teammates quickly and often to aggressively meet deadlines and expectations.
- Attend project "turnover meetings" conducted by the energy engineering or design-build departments and then immediately schedule the requisite pre-construction meeting(s).
- Self-starter and work in a job site office as required per project.
- Be productive and charge time to projects at a rate equal to or exceeding 80% of available work hours.
- Negotiate and procure materials, equipment, and sub-contractor participation under the direction of the construction operations manager or project executive.
- Directly or indirectly develop all shop drawings, submittals, coordination drawings, construction schedules, permit applications, and related construction documentation necessary to complete the work.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or another related field. Equivalent hands-on experience will be considered in a similar role.
- Minimum (8) years project management experience with a commercial/industrial, electrical, building controls, or mechanical contractor engaged in MEP-related or similar work.
- Local and out-of-state travel and overnight travel are required to run and manage projects as required.
What will set you apart:
- A strong understanding of construction means, and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities. Mechanical, building controls, electrical helpful but not required.
- Competent and skilled in the areas of construction, communication, attention to detail, critical thinking, achieving results, and problem-solving.
- Previous work experience in construction management or another similar role.
Competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
We are an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!