Brewer-Garrett is a facility solutions company. Our goal is to make buildings more energy-efficient through HVAC design, electrical upgrades, building automation systems design and installation, maintenance, and repair. We are a solution-based business with a proven track record of saving our clients' money through reduced energy usage while improving their overall carbon footprint. Our team is second to none. Their creativity and dedication to providing solutions for our clients is their #1 priority. Their team-oriented approach to projects is what sets BG apart from the rest of the industry.
Due to our continued growth, we have an awesome opportunity for a BIM Specialist to join the BG team. This unique position will allow the right candidate to create, implement, and manage our BIM library and content for MEP drawings. Along with training Engineers in REVIT, you will maintain the Autodesk, Revit, and other engineering software licenses.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement.
- Creation and maintenance of the software template files to assure standards.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of all construction drawings produced.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Setup of construction drawings for all projects, with the assistance of engineering project teams.
- Setup of backgrounds and existing condition drawings for projects as required.
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that aligns with the corporate goals.
- Chair the company's BIM committee.
- Report on the company's current and projected state regarding BIM implementation.
- Create Upgrade and Deployment strategies for the BIM implementation effort.
- Assess: evaluate the firm's current workflow, strategies, budgets, projects, staffing, etc.
- Plan: create an implementation plan. Who are the team members, what is the project, what are the goals, etc?
- Solve: execute the plan, install the software, get templates created, complete training, implement the pilot project, etc.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or a Technical Certificate with BIM management experience
- Five (5+) year's MEP construction experience in design, drafting, or engineering.
- Only candidates with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) experience will be considered.
- REVIT experience is required
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of BIM 360 versions with emphasis on project set-up.
- Experience with the process, workflow, and use of Autodesk Revit and including other analysis software from conceptual design through construction.
- This position can not be done remotely.
We offer competitive pay, outstanding benefits package including 401(k) with company match, health/dental/vision, life insurance, LTD, flexible spending, paid time off, yearly performance bonus, on-site gym, and a great place to work!
BG is proud to be an EOE and a Drug-free Workplace
Sign Up For Job Alerts!