- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits packages
BG the leader in commercial building facility solutions is seeking customer-minded Building Engineers to add to our growing team.
Position Summary: Responsible for maintaining all building maintenance, repairs, and inspection of facilities equipment (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to the client
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, light fixtures, electrical sockets, light switches, ballasts, and fuses
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures, open clogged lines and drains in sinks and toilets, replace water faucets, etc.
- Assist with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on the HVAC system, changing filters, bearings
- Perform basic carpentry: repair drywall, paint walls, fix doors, windows
- Move and relocate office furniture: adjust desks, chairs, and files
- Remove snow and salt walkways
- Assist in janitorial duties; stock restrooms, clean windows, maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, remove the trash
- Inform management personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders to provide information for making decisions, taking appropriate action, and/or complying with building and safety regulations
- Request equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair
- Respond to emergencies after hours, if available
- Complete work orders and requests promptly using the client management software
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Client Contract documents
- Maintain vehicle (if applicable), tools, communication devices (i.e., iPad, phone laptop), and equipment to ensure availability in safe operating condition
- Participate in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned to convey and/or gather information required to perform job functions
- High school/trade school graduate/ military school or apprentice program
- 3+ experience in a maintenance or construction field
- Broad knowledge of tools and instrumentation
- Competitive pay
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits packages
- 401K company match
- 5 vacation days beginning on your 1st day
- 5 personal days beginning on your 1st day
- 6 paid holidays
- Continuing education
We are an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!