- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Full Time
medical, dental, vision, matching 401K
For over half a century, The BrewerGarrett Company has been delivering award-winning commercial energy efficiency services to meet our clients' building service needs.
Our expanding business has created an opportunity for an experienced Chief Building Engineer to manage a team of Building Maintenance Technicians at our downtown Cleveland Client.
Position Summary: This is a working position that requires the Chief Building Engineer to perform productive work. This includes but is not limited to maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and operating various building equipment, building control systems, and architecture. The Chief Building Engineer is responsible for daily operations of the property portfolio, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, other mechanical systems, fire and safety systems. This position ensures all mechanical systems are operational and safe and will work with the Service Operations Manager to develop and manage yearly repairs and maintenance budgets. The Chief Building Engineer will also help mentor staff and manage vendors to coordinate preventative maintenance, tenant improvements, and special projects.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to the client
- Professionally represent BG in all dealings with staff, vendors, tenants, and contractors.
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand
- Oversee subcontractor work for compliance with subcontract agreements.
- Coordinate work efforts of the custodial staff and requirements as directed under the Janitorial specifications of the contract, and other technicians.
- Manage and oversee all requirements of the elevator contract are met.
- Hands-on as necessary with equipment/system operations, maintenance, and repair.
- Keep personal skills current with the methods of operating equipment efficiently.
- Stay informed on the latest code requirements as it pertains to maintenance, repair, operation, and testing of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, life safety systems, and controls.
- Implement Work Control, Preventive Maintenance, Quality Control, and other programs.
- Schedule and plan work to ensure full compliance with agreement requirements.
- Proficient in the operation of the customer's work order software, and the Brewer- Garrett Operations Manual.
- Have detailed knowledge of the jobs and responsibilities of all technicians.
- Seek opportunities to complete tasks and projects in-house versus calling in or subcontracting to an outside vendor.
- Evaluate building systems and make recommendations for repairs and replacements when necessary
- Find solutions to eliminate unnecessary costs.
- Available and eager to help training and mentor less experienced technicians, as well as participate in interviews as needed
- Train all current and new technicians on building systems maintenance, operation, and repair, safety, etc.
- Promote a team atmosphere among the technicians by encouraging them to share their ideas.
- Manage and improve the quality and productivity of work from the technicians.
- Provide operational information to the Program Manager.
- Conduct weekly or as necessary safety/quality control meetings with staff to maintain a safe working environment for all of the technicians.
- Understand IFS client agreement requirements and obligations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Building Owner's Representative and Tenants at the site.
- Service calls and repairs must be completed on a timely basis as defined in the Employer and Building Owner agreement, additionally keeping track of labor hours.
- Diligently work in meeting all maintenance requirements of the agreement between the Employer and Building Owner as it pertains to the agreement.
- Follow all policies and procedures established in the Brewer-Garrett Manuals and Building Owner Contract documents.
- Conduct training, cross-training, and developing technicians so every aspect of the operations and maintenance functions for the project is covered regardless of who is absent from work. This also includes identifying and training a back-up for the Chief Engineer.
- Work directly with the Program Manager to exercise fiscal responsibility and take whatever steps are necessary to minimize costs, employee overtime, and maximize the profitability of the agreement.
- Maintain a high standard of quality and performance at all times on the Building Owner Agreement, which includes assisting the Program Manager in consistently achieving very good to excellent performance ratings on Brewer-Garrett Tenant Surveys and Building Owner Performance Surveys.
- Will need to be available for 24x7 on-call rotation
- The Chief Engineer who will be designated to work on, operate, maintain, and (or) repair HVAC equipment or systems shall maintain a minimum of sixteen (16) hours of continuing education annually from a NATE, HVAC Excellence, or UA Star recognized provider program. The Chief Engineer designated to work on, operate, maintain, and (or) repair HVAC equipment or systems shall possess one or more of the following certifications:
- North American Technician Excellence (N.A.T.E.) HVACR Certification
- HVAC Excellence Professional Level Certification
- UA Star HVACR Mastery Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2-year Technical accreditation preferred.
- 7-10 years' experience in property and/or facilities maintenance.
- A strong understanding of mechanical, controls, electrical, and construction means, and methods associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings and/or similar facilities.
We offer competitive pay, outstanding health/dental/vision benefits package including 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.
BG is an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!