You are responsible for the ordering and receiving of the produce department. The majority of this work includes placing weekly orders from Alberts, RDW, and local vendors (in season), and receiving the subsequent deliveries. You will be expected to remain knowledgeable about our inventory levels and adequately manage the supply/demand needed to keep the department looking its best for our customers while minimizing department shrink. Additionally, during the absence of the Produce Manager, you may be responsible for additional assigned duties.
- Closed-toed shoes on truck days.
- Long hair must be pulled back at all times during shifts on truck days.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs frequently, 50lbs regularly, and up to 75lbs with team-lifting.
- This position can be physically demanding. Must be able to bend, flex, squat, stand, walk, climb stairs, twist, turn and all other forms of bodily motion.
- Can be in a standing up position for up to eight hours.
- Can be in a sitting for up to eight hours.
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities: the Co-op has been growing rapidly for the past five years, so expect big changes annually.
- Understands key elements of team unity.
- Clearly applies time management principles in their work & personal life.
- Solid, virtuous behavior including integrity, trustworthiness, solid work ethic.