The Grocery Assistant assists the Grocery Manager in maintaining the smooth functionality of the grocery department. Responsibilities include: assisting with ordering inventory and merchandise, receiving orders as they come in, ensuring that product is visible and accessible to consumers, product merchandising, conducting cyclical inventory, providing awesome customer service, stocking, facing, and cleaning. This role can be combined with other responsibilities in the store.
- Closed-toed shoes on truck days.
- Long hair must be pulled back at all times during shifts on truck days.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs frequently, 50lbs occasionally, and up to 75lbs with team-lifting.
- This position can be physically demanding. Must be able to bend, flex, squat, stand, walk, climb stairs, twist, turn and all other forms of bodily motion.
- Can be in a standing up position for up to eight hours.
- Can be in a sitting for up to eight hours.
- Easily adaptable to changing priorities: the Co-op has been growing rapidly for the past five years, so expect big changes annually.
- Understands key elements of team unity.
- Clearly applies time management principles in their work & personal life.
- Solid, virtuous behavior including integrity, trustworthiness, solid work ethic.