Brainchild Studios® (BCS) is an international award-winning audience research, content strategy, and website creation agency for brands targeting Millennial Moms or business owners. Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a boutique marketing agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we're able to take care of our team. It's incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the best thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We are feminists. We create opportunities for all voices to be heard and valued because life should not be limited by gender.
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We're smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we're going to do and we're honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. We seek extraordinary lives balancing our hard work with joy, laughter, and celebration.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn't we though, when our team members average 7-12 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That's right, we wouldn't.
We do good work for good people and that's the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity for designers who are just entering the field and hoping to gain some experience and industry creds! You will directly support our design team to ensure that all deliverables are completed on time. We primarily work on digital platforms, so you should be comfortable designing for digital platforms including website design, branding, social media, email marketing, newsletters, eBooks, infographics, PDFs, and various digital promotional materials. Prior experience is not a requirement, but if that is the case it is imperative that you are able to learn new things quickly to provide the support that is needed. At Brainchild Studios, everyone works virtually, so ideal candidates will be critical thinkers and creative problem-solvers with the ability to solve problems independently.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies/Flexible
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Supporting our digital graphic design needs including, but not limited to:
- Sourcing and resizing images
- Email and social templates (animation a plus!)
- Website design
- Short and long form content layout
- Infographic design
- Icon and graphic creation
- Google Slide branded presentations
- Logo and brand guide creation
YOUR CURRENT SKILLSET
- Strong typography and layout skillset
- An understanding of the identity/branding process
- Fluent in Adobe CC programs, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD
- Knowledge in Webflow a plus!
- Ability to run with direction and come up with different design options
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple projects at once
- Organization! (file naming and management process)
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Open-minded, creative, curious, and always eager to learn
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Team player
- Digital designer and illustrator
- Super fun and, well, people like me
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don't care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren't interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don't meet deadlines.
- Are a poor communicator.
- Don't have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don't like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don't believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15 minute increments.
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we're awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You'll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You'll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we're proud of for people who appreciate us with people we're proud to call our friends.
- As a part time employee, you'll earn access to a 401k, with company match, and profit share.
COMPANY EXPECTATIONS: Communication and Availability
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer for 9am to 5pm. However, communication is key and we'll work together to establish a schedule that works for everyone. Ideally, you'll be able to check email/Slack at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed, or you may prefer that schedule. Up to you!
- If you're taking vacation or know you'll be out of the "office," please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you'll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please submit your resume through our careers site: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/brainchildstudios/jobs
Also, include a cover letter with what you'd like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you'd be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!