Brainchild Studios® (BCS) is an international award-winning audience research, content strategy, and website creation agency for brands targeting Millennial Moms or business owners.
Our vision is for women to build the futures they dream for themselves and their families. While we are a boutique marketing agency, we are mighty and we are very proud of the ways in which we're able to take care of our team. It's incredibly important to us to walk the walk. Not just gab. We also take great pride in the work we do and our mission is to be the best thought leadership marketing partner for visionaries with big dreams and lean teams seeking more time, lower overhead, and greater peace of mind. The bread and butter that holds us together are our following values:
- We are feminists. We create opportunities for all voices to be heard and valued because life should not be limited by gender.
- We prioritize people. We believe people matter most and we treat all people as whole humans, with respect, kindness, and empathy.
- We are thoughtful, intentional, and curious. We're smart, resourceful, creative problem solvers who are always learning and challenging the status quo.
- We act with integrity. We do what we say we're going to do and we're honest in what we stand for and who we are.
- We have fun. We seek extraordinary lives balancing our hard work with joy, laughter, and celebration.
We operate as a virtual agency allowing us the flexibility to handpick the best talent from wherever they may reside. We provide the same quality of service and deliverables as the big agencies and pride ourselves on our approachability, work ethic, and depth of expertise. Why wouldn't we though, when our team members average 7-12 years of industry experience in their respective fields? That's right, we wouldn't.
We do good work for good people and that's the way we like it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The PR Director at Brainchild Studios is responsible for developing and maintaining annual PR campaigns for our client's and assisting with our own company's business initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience developing high-level marketing materials based on branding, audience, and overall business objectives.
You'll need to be a creative and resourceful problem solver with the ability to operate relatively independently, but also collaboratively with executives to develop strategies and initiatives. Being detail-oriented, organized, and charming are all musts in this role. You will be internally and externally facing, so it's integral that you embody the values and characteristics we hold near and dear to our hearts.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Where: Remote
- Hours: Varies
- Employment Status: Project-Based Independent Contractor
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but will not be limited to):
- Client Public Relations & Business Development
- Develop annual PR plans and key messaging.
- Create editorial calendars consisting of relevant PR opportunities.
- Establish key markets and strategies in accordance with current and prospective audiences.
- Submit to HARO on a monthly basis.
- Create media kits compiled of publicist contact information, press releases, company background, team photos and bios, logo files, and more.
- Create content pitches for trade publications.
- Assess and finetune social media presence and strategy.
- Create case studies and perform customer research surveys.
- Lead the creation of ebooks, digital brochures, and other relevant marketing materials.
- BCS Team Collaboration & Support
- Manage relationships and media outlets.
- Seek out and attend networking events and document the presence of the owner at speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop advertising and promotion plans.
- Edit and revise content as needed.
- Ensure that messaging is within brand guidelines and consistent across all platforms.
YOU MIGHT DESCRIBE YOURSELF AS:
- A proud feminist
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Charming personality (not just my mom thinks so)
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Resourceful, creative, problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Humble/Servant leader
- Excellent written and verbal communicator (because words matter and so does grammar)
- Awesome time manager
- Positive, assertive, go-getter, hands-on team player
- Entrepreneurial creative problem solver
- Public relations guru (not to brag, but yeah, I know things)
- Full of grit and tenacity
- Super fun and, gosh darn it, people like me
- Always five minutes early
- Wildly efficient
THINGS YOU'VE DONE BEFORE AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING ON OVER TO OUR TEAM
- Worked in a small business/agency.
- Implemented PR campaigns for a range of clients (specifically thought leadership clients)
- Played a key role in developing new business.
- Established and managed PR budgets.
- Developed relationships with media and the local small business community.
- Crafted multi-platform digital content marketing strategies.
- Distributed and managed the execution of multi-platform digital content.
- Executed email campaigns and cultivating social media presence.
- Understand how to optimize a multi-platform user journey.
- Managed multi-platform content marketing initiatives and can provide strategic recommendations for implementing and executing integrated online marketing campaigns.
- Taken great pride in your team and enjoy opportunities to publicly thank and recognize them.
THIS WILL NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU
- Don't care.
- Are not thoughtful, intentional, or curious.
- Don't act with integrity.
- Aren't interested in being part of a kickass team of badass women.
- Are not a self-motivator.
- Are not a fan of feedback.
- Don't have a desire for continued improvement.
- Don't like to be accountable for yourself and your actions.
- Like to do the bare minimum and don't believe in quality work.
- Want to track your time in 15-minute increments.
- Are not interested in supporting your team and building camaraderie.
- Don't want to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done (within reason, of course).
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US?
- Because we're awesome, duh!?
- We work hard and play hard.
- You'll play a super important role in the entire growth and success of the company.
- You'll work directly with our top leadership team.
- We provide ultimate flexibility working remotely.
- We have an amazing team culture full of smart, talented, kind, funny, wildly impressive women.
- We do work we're proud of for people who appreciate us with people we're proud to call our friends.
- As a full-time employee, you'll earn access to a 401k, with company match, profit share, access to insurance and a multitude of other perks and benefits.
COMPANY EXPECTATIONS: Communication and Availability
- You are not expected to be sitting at a computer for 9am to 5pm. However, communication is key and we'll work together to establish a schedule that works for everyone. You will be working directly with and supporting the CEO and working closely with the Marketing and Business Development Director. Ideally, you'll be able to check email at least every few hours.
- You are not expected to work on weekends or evenings, however, every once in a while, it might be needed, or you may prefer that schedule. Up to you!
- If you're taking vacation or know you'll be out of the "office," please communicate with your supervisor. This is important to know to factor into deadlines as well. Please update the BCS Team Vacation & OOO Calendar with time you'll be off the grid.
- You are expected to represent Brainchild Studios in a positive, professional manner and act and speak in a positive way about our team, our work, our clients and the company as a whole. We work too hard not to say nice things!
- We hope you have fun and enjoy the work you do!
If this sounds like fun and could be a good fit to you, please apply on our careers site: https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/brainchildstudios/jobs
Please also submit a cover letter including what you'd like to learn, what skills you have to share, and why you think you'd be a good fit at Brainchild Studios!