- Full Time
Reports To: COO, Chairman/CEO and/or President
FLSA Status: Exempt (Not Subject to Overtime)
Status: Full-Time, Salary
The National Project Manager position is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of project delivery within Blue Stone Strategy Partners. This position works closely with the COO, CEO, President, Corporate Administrator, Directors, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers and Jr. Project Managers to ensure Blue Stone Strategy Partner's timely project execution; enhancing project work, project profitability, and business development support, to grow and maintain the subject matter expert base. The National Project Manager is also responsible for assisting in the recruitment, training, and development of Blue Stone project management team members.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
The National Project Manager is involved in a variety of tasks in all areas of Blue Stone's business activities. These tasks are generally categorized in the following areas:
- Manages client relations through all communications outlets.
- Gathers and evaluates the data related to weekly and ongoing business development and project work; makes adjustment to business development and project work as needed.
- Manages the relationship, quality and cost control of each contracted project.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and timelines of project teams to ensure that daily, short-term, and long-term objectives are achievable.
- Meets with team members to discuss objectives for the day, and help troubleshoot any issues.
- Coordinates personnel resource allocation for Blue Stone projects, conferences and business development activities.
- Ensures the final quality and timely production of all deliverables, documents and presentations as needed, including final presentations and case studies.
- Participates in each stage of the client relationship process: Business development, proposal development, contract execution, project kick off, ongoing client check ins, deliverable development and final client presentations.
- Develops and maintains project tracking progress and provides weekly update reports to leadership
- Oversees and recruits Subject Matter Expert.
Project Profit and Loss Management
- Reviews proposal pricing and payment terms to ensure appropriateness and consistency.
- Evaluates team members and overall costs associated with each project.
- Oversees all facets of project delivery;
- Methodology, process, and procedures to ensure successful and consistent delivery.
- Participates in quality control and ensures deliverable and projects are paced to meet established goals.
- Researches and evaluates the potential for new service offerings.
- Assists the Corporate Administrator on client billing and collection.
- Assists in recruitment, training and development of all new Blue Stone project management team members.
- Identifies new opportunities and cross sells within the current client base.
- Cultivates and manages all Tribal relationships.
- Participates on project teams, providing all levels of support from coordination, codifying process and meetings, and gathering necessary resources as required.
- Provides structure, guidance and quality control for all analysis.
- Manages due diligence, interviews and other data gathering exercises to support project development.
- Leads Project Managers (Senior, Jr. and Interns)
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
Subject Matter Experts Management
- Assists in project tracking and developing status updates.
- Coordinates and facilitates project meetings.
- Maintains database of current and potential Subject Matter Expert relationships.
- Manages the process for completion of proposals, including team coordination and client delivery.
- Meets with potential clients and prospective new Subject Mater Experts.
- Directs all project proposals/RFPs by compiling all necessary information and drafting documents.
- Manages marketing process by providing support to all levels of marketing operations as needed.
- Develops overall marketing plan in conjunction with marketing team.
- Integrates the marketing plan at the project management and client development levels.
Business Development Support
- Manages both the existing pipeline and the development of new business opportunities.
- Takes a lead role in developing new business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships.
- Develops goals for business growth and ensures they are met.
- Trains personnel and helps team members develop their skills.
- Motivates the team, tracks performance, and reports metrics.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical ability to synthesize complex or diverse information;
- Design processes, work flows and procedures;
- Demonstrate attention to detail;
- Ability to use and apply macro and micro economic and financial concepts relating to economic development and enterprise management;
- Problem Solving- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Project Management- strong project management experience;
- Communicate changes and progress;
- Manage project team activities;
- Client service-respond promptly to customer inquiries and needs;
- Written communication- strong writing skills, proven ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and report extensive findings;
- Respect for Tribal governance and an understanding of Tribal government structures or a desire to learn the uniqueness of Tribal operations and communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word processing applications, spreadsheet software, and Project Management software.
- Proficiency in Google applications such as Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Solid technical understanding and ability to define and refine requirements through a project lifecycle.
- Employs strong analytical problem-solving skills to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to work independently and also in a team setting, with the ability to self-manage time and ensure deadlines are met with efficiency and high quality.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
- Excellent meeting, workshop, and conference facilitation skills, with proven knowledge of how to foster attendee participate and collaboration in a small and large group.
- Skilled in writing and editing content with an attention to detail.
- Project Management and Consulting experience-has demonstrated a track record of the ability to manage an intensive analytical client driven project from start to finish including management of multiple team members across multiple geographies.
- Analytical reasoning ability- strong familiarity with financial analysis and/or budgeting; ability to solve qualitative and quantitative problems applicable to business and government issues.
- Work with Tribal governments, Tribal enterprises, Native American NGO's, Native publications considered a plus.
Education And Experience:
Masters of Business Administration degree (M.B.A.) or PHD in a business-related field (DBA, PhD, etc.) from an accredited College or University; or seven years of relevant work experience with in a professional consulting field or in a project management function; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours and workload may vary based on the project, occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Travel is required, on an as needed basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.