- 14-Jan-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Apache Junction, AZ, USA
- Full Time
- Blount Contracting
Health Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, Generous PTO Schedule and more
No better place to "construct" your career than with Blount Contracting!
Looking for a trusted and award winning company that will give you experience and exposure to a wide variety of construction projects?
Why work with Blount?
Employees are vital to who we are and what we do. We seek employees who share our values and high standards and who dedicate themselves to progressing, growing, and expanding in their abilities. We offer a competitive compensation package, generous benefits, and professional development / training.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K match
- Profit sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Superintendent - Shoring and Drilling
Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. Superintendent is responsible for the safety, quality, and production for multiple construction projects relating to shoring and drilling.
- Promote and observe the company's safety program
- Work with project superintendents to report any near misses or incidents
- Adhere to and train on the company safety policy and site-specific safety plans
- Provide feedback and train employees as needed and as observed
- Periodic safety audits and inspections
- Create goals related to quality and ensure proper implementation
- Periodic quality audits and inspections
- Work with Superintendents and crews to ensure proper care of equipment and the necessary reporting and documentation to maintain equipment
- Assist with quality needs such as inspections and documentation
- Create and review project schedules and gather input from team members
- Review and address items as related to production goals, manpower, or equipment
- Create daily production goals with team and ensure they are being met
- Guide and support projects by determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities needed, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Participate as a contributing team member, and work towards the success of the organization.
- Visualize, fulfill, and implement the vision and core values.
- Work as a team and communicate openly and consistently with all employees to discuss aspects of the project, clarify the tasks, or gather ideas.
- Must maintain a valid Driver's License
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a superintendent in earth retention and/or foundation drilling projects.
- Technical Knowledge associated with soil nail/tie-back operations, caisson drilling methods, micropiles, and shotcrete.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation
- Knowledge of road construction materials, processes, and industry requirements
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Possess a positive "can do" attitude
- Out of town travel will be required periodically.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required when on jobsites.
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Able to work outdoors in the extreme heat
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Blount Contracting is an "Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action" Employer