- Beloit, WI, USA
- Full Time
Beloit College seeks to create learning environments, both in and out of the classroom, where students are encouraged to achieve their full intellectual, personal, social, emotional and athletic potential. Within a college empowering students to "...lead fulfilling lives marked by high achievement...", the department of Athletics & Recreation seeks to provide athletic experiences that are defined by excellence. Through varsity, intramural, club sports and recreational activities, Beloit College's Department of Athletics & Recreation offers a full array of athletic opportunities to the College's 1,200 students, approximately 25% of whom are varsity student-athletes.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Coaching and mentoring (35%)
- Build strong, positive relationships to effectively mentor and teach students.
- Teach students the skills needed to work with others, to be effective leaders, and to manage their time to achieve success in the classroom and in athletics.
- Responsible for all preparation and teaching for all practices and competitions.
- Establish appropriate codes of behavior for all team functions including all practices and competitions.
- Mentor students through regular meetings to enhance their academic performance.
- Work with students to establish individual and team goals for each season.
- Effectively manage and mentor all assistant coaches.
- Collaborate with colleagues in enrollment and athletics on complementary student recruitment approaches.
- Communicate with prospective students and their influencers about Beloit as a college search option through a wide variety of contact channels, including email, texting, phone calls, and social media.
- Develop a sense of rapport with prospective audiences.
- Recruit student-athletes in alignment with the goals and methods of Beloit's enrollment office, and in accordance with NCAA and MWC rules and regulations.
- Attend high school meets, showcases, camps, and other recruiting events.
- Meet with prospective students and families during open houses, daily campus visits, and off campus receptions.
Campus involvement and administrative duties (15%)
- Be an active member of the Beloit College community.
- Be actively involved in the College's efforts to become an anti-racist institution in each of the primary functions of coaching, mentoring, recruiting, and involvement throughout campus.
- Represent sports programs to various institutional constituencies as well as students, parents, the general public, and external agencies.
- Practice responsible fiscal management.
- Coordinate all post-season awards and banquets.
- Responsible for inventory and management of all equipment and uniforms.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required.
- A minimum of 6 years swimming/diving coaching or competing experience (or a combination of the two) is required.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; ability to learn other software relevant to duties.