The President's house functions as both a private residence as well as a place for college-related social events such as meetings, receptions, meals, and overnight guests. Because it is so often a center of activity, it must be well maintained and organized at all times.
The President's House Manager schedule includes 20 hours per week Monday through Friday, plus regular weekend or evening hours.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements household organization and ensures that daily operations run smoothly.
- Performs tasks covering total care of the house interior including, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning inside windows, cleaning and waxing floors, cleaning woodwork, cupboards, drawers and closets, laundry and ironing, changing bed linens, polishing silver, brass and copper and sweeping patio.
- Responsible for facilitating repairs, house grounds maintenance and appearance, and upkeep through physical plant and grounds staff.
- Aids in establishing strong successful relationships with a wide range of people, internally and externally, to the campus.
- Coordinates with the President's Office and the Director of Special Events to prepare for social events that take place in the house.
- Manages President's House staff.
- Is willing and able to adhere to health safety guidelines established by the residents of the President's house. This includes pandemic protocols which may be more restrictive than general college requirements.
- Performs other similarly related duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Current or previous housekeeping and serving experience.
- Adept at using Google Work Space (Gmail and Google Drive) and Microsoft Offices (Word and Excel)