- Beloit, WI, USA
- Full Time
Beloit College offers a health benefit plan to all eligible employees with 3 levels of coverage: single, limited family (employee and spouse or same-sex domestic partner, or employee and child(ren)), and family. The benefit plan is a major medical health plan administered through Anthem of Wisconsin.
The Administrative Coordinator is a 12-month position that provides support services for the professional and student staff members in two departments at Beloit College: the career center and the global immersive learning center. These two departments are key components of the college's strategic plan for developing global learners who are ready to embark upon their careers. This role interacts with students who are engaged in their academic, professional, and personal development. Finally, the Administrative Coordinator connects professional staff with other college departments, including Development & Alumni Relations, Admissions, and Student Affairs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to an inclusive and equitable environment for all students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
- Support a large staff of student workers by scheduling shifts, approving time cards, training on office reception, and answering general questions.
- Perform office management duties including answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing three office email accounts, and maintaining office supplementary materials, equipment, and facilities.
- Update and maintain the departments' websites, social media accounts, office manuals, and policies and procedures information.
- Track multiple budgets for two offices. Coordinate payment requisitions for study abroad, summer funding, and other programs.
- Manage the logistics for events, including large annual events as well as regular workshops and student events throughout the calendar year.
- Work with students to complete applications for study abroad and summer funding programs. Follow up with students to fulfill deadlines and complete paperwork for study abroad, summer funding, and summer programs.
- Assist students and faculty of summer courses and programs by compiling paperwork, coordinating clerical duties with faculty, and managing due dates and assignments with students.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- High school diploma; some college in a related field desirable.
- Previous office management experience and/or experience in higher education.