Data Integration Specialist - Beck Technology Inc
On top of being a winner of the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Best Places to Work in Dallas by the Dallas Business Journal, Beck Technology is a uniquely positioned software company creating technologies to revolutionize the design and construction industries by significantly improving decision making early in preconstruction.
Beck Technology's vision is to make the world a better place to live. Our next generation enterprise products are used by the largest construction firms in the world focusing on early decision making via next generation 2D/3D integrated estimation platforms that push the boundaries of what is capable in today's marketplace. As an enterprise technology provider, our products are the backbone of our clients' organization and have a large impact on the construction industry. Since we are a fast-growing organization, we need extremely eager people who want to deliver applications that will forever change the way our industry operates.
On top of the standard 401k matching and medical/dental/vision benefits, Beck Technology offers many unique benefits, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly one-on-one coaching sessions
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team bonding gatherings
About the Data Integration Specialist Position
Beck Technology is looking for a Data Integration Specialist to join our Services team. A Data Integration Specialist is a member of the Services Department and partners with the client-facing Implementation Specialists to develop back-end tools for customer use in DESTINI Estimator. You will be responsible for building the following: custom construction cost databases, outputs/deliverables, and estimate templates.
As a Data Integration Specialist, you will work as part of a highly collaborative internal team focused on exploring and finding creative solutions to meet our clients' needs. At Beck Technology, our goal is to create long-lasting partnerships, and our Data Integration Specialists play a significant role in making sure our customers have a great experience. A successful implementation sets the client up for long-term success by establishing an excellent foundation for their continued adoption and use of DESTINI Estimator. Well-developed backend tools are one of the many ways we ensure the success of our clients.
Although this position is based in Dallas, Texas, we have a hybrid work environment and support flexible and full-time remote team members.
This role will report to the Team Lead: Specialized Services.
Who is our Ideal Candidate?
The candidate should be passionate about modernizing the Preconstruction industry. We are seeking construction industry professionals with experience in preconstruction who have a desire to work with construction technology, focused on backend tools. Knowledge of construction cost, construction classification of data, means and methods of assemblies, and data points that translate to great deliverables is preferred. The ability to interpret requirements from clients and internal team members, then deliver a final product within the specified timeframe is required. This position will support multiple projects and clients, so the ability to manage multiple tasks with varying due dates is required. A candidate with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and formula writing is ideal; proficiency in Excel is required. An understanding of database driven systems is preferred. If you like to develop creative solutions to sometimes complex problems, then we want to speak with you!
What will you do?
Upon successful completion of onboarding, you will:
- Live our Core Values - Passion, Innovation, and Caring
- Collaborate with the Services team to build the required tools for successful use of DESTINI Suite.
- Attend meetings with clients when requested, primarily via the web, to gather requirements and to present the tools built.
- Work with the internal Services team to integrate client cost database information (including Assemblies) into the DESTINI Suite in a highly collaborative manner.
- Communicate with fellow team members via instant messaging, email, phone, and face to face meetings.
- Participate in pre-release testing of new DESTINI product offerings.
30 - 60 - 90 Day Goals
- Within 30 days successfully complete DESTINI Estimator self-paced training.
- Within 30 days be able to design and develop a line item database in DESTINI Estimator Data Manager.
- Within 60 days be able to understand basic user functionality of DESTINI Estimator.
- Within 90 days be able to design, develop, and review assembly content in DESTINI Data Manager.
- Within 90 days master Beck Technology's product offerings and demonstrate the technology to those interested in learning more.
Beck Technology is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Join our team at Beck Technology - where a diverse group of talented people do their best work!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!