On top of being a winner of the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Best Places to Work in Dallas by the Dallas Business Journal, Beck Technology is a uniquely positioned software company creating technologies to revolutionize the design and construction industries by significantly improving decision making early in preconstruction.
Beck Technology is an equal opportunity technology provider in the construction industry whose products include 3-dimensional parametric modeling applications, next-generation 2D/3D integrated estimating platforms and optimization technology that pushes the boundaries of what is capable in today's marketplace.
"Innovation in All Dimensions" is not only the company tagline but also the rule that Beck Technology employees live by. Beck Technology's entrepreneurial culture provides an environment where you "can get out what you put in." Since we are a fast-growing organization, we need incredibly eager people who are capable of fulfilling the critical role of making sure our customers are successful.
Beck Technology is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Join our team at Beck Technology - where a diverse group of talented people do their best work!
About the Events Specialist Position
We are hiring an Events Specialist to strategically get the Beck Technology brand, story, and customers in front of audiences where we can expand our customer base and technology footprint.
The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response. Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. Because the pace of the work is faster than average, the ability to learn quickly and thoroughly while continually recognizing and adapting to changing conditions is critical. The scope of the job may require effective delegation to proven people. Especially routine and repetitive details should be delegated but with responsibility for follow up and accountability for timely results. The emphasis is on results, and effective systems that achieve results through and with people, rather than on the details of implementation. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results.
This position is best suited for someone familiar and comfortable with planning in-person events in Dallas, TX. We are looking for someone to join our team in January 2022.
Who is our Ideal Candidate?
The events specialist will have a sense of urgency for goal achievement among multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be results focused, generate ideas, have innovative and creative problem-solving rapport, and relationship building. Comfortable making quick decisions in response to changing conditions and stimulates others to action with a desire for collaboration. Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and quality
What will you do?
Upon successful completion of onboarding, you will:
- Live our Core Values - Passion, Innovation, and Caring.
- Find and submit the company and/or customers to speak at events. Presentations can be about product, core values, preconstruction data lifecycle, or general Precon topics.
- Handle all event logistics that may include:
- Create a goal for each event based on lead acquisition costs
- Ensure all leads from events are inputted in HubSpot and tracked/followed up with
- Track, manage, and report on the company's events budget
- Coordinating with other Beck Technology departments for event delegation
- Coordinating with speaker(s) and helping them create their presentation(s)
- Setting up virtual or in-person spaces
- Scheduling and coordinating Beck Technology webinars
- Inviting people to events/making audiences aware of events
- Working with the Content Team on event materials needed (i.e. fliers, one-pagers, pop up banners)
- Maintain our list of events and foster a relationship with event hosts
- Look for opportunities to team up with industry partners through events
- Coordinate with the Content Team on ideas for blogs, videos, graphics from events
- Create, run, and provide a world-class experience for a Beck Technology user conference
Sign Up For Job Alerts!