On top of being a winner of the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Best Places to Work in Dallas by the Dallas Business Journal, Beck Technology is a uniquely positioned software company creating technologies to revolutionize the design and construction industries by significantly improving decision making early in preconstruction.
Beck Technology is an equal opportunity technology provider in the construction industry whose products include 3-dimensional parametric modeling applications, next-generation 2D/3D integrated estimating platforms, and optimization technology that pushes the boundaries of what is capable in today's marketplace.
"Innovation in All Dimensions" is not only the company tagline but also the rule that Beck Technology employees live by. Beck Technology's entrepreneurial culture provides an environment where you "can get out what you put in." Since we are a fast-growing organization, we need incredibly eager people who are capable of fulfilling the critical role of assuring quality in our software.
On top of the standard 401k matching and medical/dental/vision benefits, Beck Technology offers many unique benefits, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly one-on-one coaching sessions
- Career advancement opportunities
- Team bonding gatherings
About the Senior QA Automation Engineer Position
This position is based in Dallas, TX, and we are looking for someone to join our team immediately. Although this position is based in Dallas, Texas, we have a hybrid work environment and support flexible and full-time remote team members.
Who is our Ideal Candidate?
You can succeed in this role if:
- You have object-oriented programming
- You have experience writing and maintaining the code for UI automated tests without relying on record and playback functionality.
- You know how to write intermediate SQL queries using unions and joins and incorporate them into C# methods.
- You are passionate about what you do and have a desire to innovate to make a difference in our industry.
- You genuinely care for the people you work with and the people you create solutions for.
- You can break down problems and have the will to do what it takes to get the job done.
- You consider yourself to be part of the development team.
- You continuously live by the phrase "work smarter, not harder"
You will bring bonus points if you have:
- Experience with C# or Java
- Experience creating automated tests for desktop WPF applications
- Experience using Ranorex Studio or other Windows desktop test automation software like QTP, UFT, or TestComplete.
What will you do?
Upon successful completion of onboarding, you will:
- Within 1 month:
- Have a basic working knowledge of Beck Technology products.
- Have a basic understanding of the preconstruction industry and problems we are trying to solve
- Have a basic working knowledge of our Ranorex Studio framework
- Within 2 months:
- Work within Beck Technology's development and testing processes.
- Perform basic Git operations with minimal assistance: checkout, checkin, commit, fetch, pull, merge
- Within 3 months:
- Implement new scalable methods in our Ranorex Studio solution with UI and/or existing SQL validation steps
- Implement new SQL validation steps for our Ranorex Studio solution
- Understand how to run a pipeline and interpret the test results.
- Within 6 months:
- Significantly contribute to our efforts to automate new user workflows in Ranorex Studio
- Independently review code changes from team members.
- Live our Core Values – Passion, Innovation, and Caring.
Beck Technology is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Join our team at Beck Technology – where a diverse group of talented people do their best work!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!