- NY, USA
- 18-20 per hour Paid Weekly
- Part Time
Come Work @ Beat The Bomb Brooklyn!
Do you have the right skills? Have you built a PC before, or do your friends/family come to you for tech help? If you have the ability to change hard drives and understand basic IT, then this is for you! Basic programming, soldering, and networking are a plus. We teach! Come join the fun and family at BEAT THE BOMB.
This is a part-time hourly role at one of the most highly rated entertainment concepts in New York City. $18-$20 per hour, plus participation in monthly bonus & tip pools.
BEAT THE BOMB is the next generation of immersive group entertainment, where customers step into real-life video games. We use an innovative digital, interactive game system to reimagine the intersection of technology and human social connection. In our classic Mission experience, teams wearing hazmat suits go through a series of interactive game rooms, including a laser maze, before facing the World's Largest Paint Bomb! Our original Brooklyn location opened in 2018. We now have a 2nd location in Atlanta with a 3rd opening soon in Washington D.C. We've hosted over 250,000 players including hundreds of corporate team building outings, school groups, and non-profit organizations. Beat The Bomb is one of the highest rated experiences in both NYC and Atlanta. We offer a full range of special event services including STEM Camps, Kid and Adult Birthday parties, Corporate Tournaments, and Bachelorette parties. We also have a virtual team building platform called Beat The Bomb Virtual, serving remote teams across the globe. Our #1 goal is to ensure every player has a BLAST!
Located in Brooklyn's historic DUMBO neighborhood, this is the Company's original location and where its HQ team works. In only 5 years, Beat The Bomb Brooklyn has become one of the highest rated experiences in all of New York City with over 9,000 5-star Google Reviews and was featured on the Today Show. The 5,000 square foot location offers our classic Mission experiences; a lobby lounge with livestreamed paint bomb footage; 2 immersive arcade Game Bays for rent; beer, wine & seltzer @ The Bomb Bar; and a dedicated private event space for large groups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated entry-level techie to get a foot in the door and grow their role. If you have built your own PC, or done tech support for an office, school, theater or entertainment facility, you have the skills we are looking for. This role will work closely with the HQ Tech team and allow for plenty of opportunity for learning and growing. We need somebody to work nights and weekends to support our team, making sure the games and tech are running smoothly. This position will also be responsible for supporting the full customer experience and acting as a Game Runner when tech issues are not being actively addressed. We want someone who is tech-savvy and willing to learn. If you are not an expert yet, that's okay as long as you are a quick learner and not afraid of dealing with hardware and software.
- Support the customer experience and perform a variety of guest-facing Game Runner duties when not actively managing a specific tech issue or responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth tech operations in the space to maximize the customer experience, including: check-in computers, waiver tablets, POS system, video & audio systems, lighting, Mission game rooms such as the laser maze, Game Bays, Bomb Rooms (including the photo bomb system), server room and overall network operations
- Manage daily maintenance and replacement of all hardware in the space (cleaning computers, checking cable connections, testing games, etc.)
- Support HQ Tech team in ensuring software is up-to-date, debugging issues with various applications, testing game and software features
- Manage tech inventory ensuring all equipment is properly tracked, and sufficient spares are on standby
- Monitor, track, and address all tech issues from End-of-Day reports
- Perform simple facilities maintenance tasks around the space
The Ideal Game Technician:
- Embodies Beat The Bomb's Values: Bring Positivity, Take Responsibility, Build The Future, CREATE THE FUN
- Experience doing IT tech support
- Experience with Windows
- Comfortable with AV systems
- Familiarity with IP networking (Understanding and setting IP addresses)
- Experience with remote desktop/TeamViewer/VNC
- Experience replacing PC hardware and OS configuration
- Experience debugging hardware/software issues
- Isn't afraid to get messy...it's a paint blast facility, after all!
- Has an interest in live experiences / digital gaming
- Loves people! They thrive when engaging with others... both teammates and customers alike!
- The ultimate teammate-they are ready to jump in and help wherever and whenever necessary!
- Remains calm when faced with external pressures and focuses on solutions
- Is a weekend warrior! (must be available to work weekends)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Pay ($18-20 per hour)
- Participation in monthly tip/bonus pool`
- 401k plan (no matching)
- Team Appreciation Outings
- Free Beat The Bomb games for friends & family
- Health Benefits available for those who work 30+ hours per week
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!