- Atlanta, GA, USA
- 19-22 per hour *Cooks will take part in a team-wide monthly bonus and tip pool bringing all in pay to $21-25 per hour*
- Base + Bonus
- Part Time
Benefits available subject to hours worked
Looking for an awesome, hard-working COOK to help run a VERY simple kitchen operation at a super cool new immersive video game concept called BEAT THE BOMB. This job pays $19-$22 per hour. There is also a monthly bonus pool that all employees benefit from to get all-in pay of $21-$25 per hour
**APPLY NOW to take part in a Hiring Event on Wednesday, February 1, 2023***
BEAT THE BOMB is the next generation of immersive group entertainment where customers step into real-life video games. We use an innovative digital, interactive game system to reimagine the intersection of technology and human social connection. In our classic Mission experience, teams wearing hazmat suits go through a series of interactive game rooms, including a laser maze, before facing the World's Largest Paint Bomb! Our original Brooklyn location opened in 2018. We now have a 2nd location in Atlanta with a 3rd opening soon in Washington D.C. We've hosted over 250,000 players including hundreds of corporate team building outings, school groups, and non-profit organizations. Beat The Bomb is one of the highest rated experiences in both NYC and Atlanta. We offer a full range of special event services including STEM Camps, Kid and Adult Birthday parties, Corporate Tournaments, and Bachelorette parties. We also have a virtual team building platform called Beat The Bomb Virtual serving remote teams across the globe. Our #1 goal is to ensure every player has a BLAST!
ABOUT THE ATLANTA LOCATION
Located in Atlanta's rapidly growing Upper Westside neighborhood, this is our 2nd location and opened in October 2022. The 10,000+ square foot location offers our classic Mission experiences with glass-walled bomb rooms; 4 immersive arcade lounges ('Game Bays'); street food and a full selection of beer, wine, cocktails & signature slushies @ The Bomb Bar; a beer garden with sports viewing; and several dedicated private event spaces for large groups. Beat The Bomb Atlanta is already emerging as one of the highest rated experiences in Atlanta with over 1,700 5-star reviews on Google.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A Cook will help in creating a one-of-a-kind experience for both Beat The Bomb's customers and fellow team members through food service. Beat The Bomb Cooks must be able to properly execute all recipes and follow all food safety guidelines. While they will primarily handle operations specific to the kitchen, it will be important for all team members to understand all elements of the Beat The Bomb operation.
- Prep Food per recipe
- Follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Complete appropriate time/temp checklists
- Clean and Sanitize kitchen at beginning and end of shift
- Prepare food items to spec and according to tickets
- Wash, sanitize and store all plateware, glasses and kitchen equipment
- Empty all Kitchen and Bar trash when necessary
- Assist with FOH duties during down times
The Ideal Cook:
- Embodies Beat The Bomb's Values: Bring Positivity, Take Responsibility, Build The Future, CREATE THE FUN
- Isn't afraid to get messy (If you make a mess cooking the food tastes better)...but fully understands the need to keep their area clean and sanitized
- Is either Serve Safe certified or willing to take courses to be certified.
- Loves people! They thrive when engaging with others... both teammates and customers alike!
- The ultimate teammate - they are ready to jump in and help wherever and whenever necessary!
- Has a strong aptitude for culinary; while we may not be a high end restaurant, the need to execute properly for our guests is critical
- Remains calm when faced with external pressures
- Is friendly, outgoing and inclusive
- Is a weekend warrior! (must be available to work weekends)
- Does not mind physical activity... This will be a position where you are constantly on your feet and in motion.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Pay ($19-$22 per hour)
- Participation in monthly tip/bonus pool
- Team Appreciation Outings
- Free Beat The Bomb games for friends & family
- Free fountain beverages
- Free shift meal
- Health Benefits available for those who work 30+ hours per week
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!