Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Mechanical Design Engineer - Creo Cabling will support the JETS II contract supporting NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration.
- Experience using Creo and Creo Cabling software.
- Support NASA's lunar exploration development.
- Design components and assemblies requiring electronics packaging and cabling.
- Work in a team environment to analyze requirements and develop design solutions
- Perform engineering design evaluations.
- Produce engineering drawings conforming to applicable standards.
- Perform dimensional tolerance analyses, including thermal effects and GD&T.
- Perform functional, structural, and thermal analyses as required.
- Support design with hand calculations for fit, function, strength, and thermal response.
- Participate and lead design reviews.
- Produce other design documentation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Candidate must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of recent and relevant work experience.
- MUST HAVE CREO EXPERIENCE AND CREO CABLING; PROOF OF CREO CABLING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Experience designing electronics enclosures and housings for environmentally demanding environments.
- Experience modeling cable routing and bundles, including connector details typical to ruggedized systems.
- Familiarity with EMI requirements and their impact on mechanical design features.
- Experience designing parts and assemblies using 3D CAD modeling software.
- Experience producing drawings conforming to ASME Y14.5.
- Experience applying tolerance analyses, including thermal effects and GD&T.
- Experience with common machine shop processes and rapid prototyping (3D printing).
- Experience with both structural and thermal analysis of parts and assemblies.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Prior NASA or aerospace mechanical hardware design experience.
- Familiarity with VPX chassis design standard.
- Familiarity with JSC Engineering Drawing System Manual (JPR 8500).
- Familiarity with JSC Fabrication Tolerances and Practices (SKZ36103755).
- Experience designing flight hardware and creating drawings for NASA/JSC.
- This position offers a 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!