Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Lead Facility Engineer will support the JETS II contract supporting NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations in a power quality testing lab focused on electrical testing, coordination with engineers and technicians and maintaining lab operations calendar.
- Monitor operations for compliance with GPWR and JSC safety requirements.
- Design physical layout of GPWR lab testbeds including placement of equipment and routing of harnesses, underfloor or overhead cable tray, and chilled water lines.
- Write requirements or statement of work for facility upgrades.
- Coordinate with center services for installation and maintenance of electrical equipment, network/IT equipment, and HVAC.
- Coordinate maintenance activities and support services for lab including calibration, hazardous materials inventory, electrostatic discharge control, inspections and audits, and property inventory.
- Request quotes from vendors and create purchase requests (PRs) for lab equipment and supplies.
- Update hazard analysis and process documents as equipment added to lab.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area; 5+ years of experience is preferred.
- Experience with leading a small team of engineers and/or technicians.
- CAD software such as Visio, Graphite, or AutoCAD.
- Familiar with standard electrical lab equipment such as power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, load banks, and soldering stations.
- Experience in testing or manufacturing facilities.
- Familiarity with three phase AC power distribution.
- Familiarity with chilled water-cooling systems and tube/pipe fittings.
- Familiarity with Li-ion battery safety and battery containment vessels.
- This position offers a 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!