Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Pressure Systems NDE Specialist will support the SMAS Contract supporting NASA.
- Candidate shall provide support to the MSFC Pressure Systems Manager in assuring compliance with NASA, ASME, and other national consensus standards for pressure systems and vessels. This includes interaction with a variety of low and high pressure gas and liquid systems (e.g., Nitrogen, High Purity Air, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Helium etc.) along with cryogenic liquid systems.
- Candidate will perform pressure systems and vessel component level walk down inspections, in addition to NDE inspections. Candidate will provide required reports to document information collected.
- Candidate is knowledgeable of Non-Destructive system requirements, inspections, equipment, and documents. Also, candidate is able to interpret and apply engineering and drawing requirements while performing all NDE/NDT/NDI duties and walk down inspections.
- Candidate will execute quality and Non-Destructive requirements in accordance with customer approved quality assurance plans/policies and specifications during all phases of hardware fabrication, testing, first article inspection, and final end item inspections.
- Candidate will perform accurate Non-Destructive Evaluation, testing, and inspections, monitor and/or perform nondestructive test/evaluation, perform process surveillance using witnessing/monitoring techniques and verify test result/documentation of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per approved inspection documents/specification requirements.
- Candidate will initiate non-conformance reports, document/report inspection results and monitor corrective actions implementation for effectiveness.
- Candidate will maintain current, company and customer training and certifications to maintain a quality inspection stamp and meet stamp warranty expectations.
- Candidate will work with company and customer personnel to resolve inspection questions and communicate technical issues to project engineers to ensure compliance with final product specification requirements.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Various education levels and years of experience will be considered, but you must have a minimum of high school diploma/or equivalent to be considered.
- NDE/NDT/NDI Level II Certification
- Candidate must meet the minimum recommended requirements per SNT-TC-1A for Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Level II (with experience with Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT), and Eddy Current (ET) Level II, and have been certified in accordance with NAS 410.
- Be able to provide documented evidence of previous formal training and experience hours in NDE/NDT/NDI.
- Possess the ability to read complex blueprints, technical charts, and specification sheets.
- Ability to prepare written documentation of inspection results.
- Ability to clearly communicate with team members, management, and customers verbally and written.
- Preferred candidate will have Magnetic Partial (MT) Level II, Penetrant Testing (PT) Level II, Certified Weld Inspector (CWI), and additional NDE Certs are beneficial.
- Mechanical Inspector experience.
- Experience with pressure vessel or component manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with flight hardware.
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule; some hours will be remote, and some hours will be in the office.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
This position qualifies for the internal Bastion Employee Referral Program as a "Critical to Fill" position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!