Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Lead Spacecraft Rendezvous and Proximity Operations GN&C Engineer will support the JETS II contract supporting NASA.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between NASA and visiting vehicle providers, with both commercial and international partners.
- Certify GNC system requirements compliance through review of analysis and test reports, including assessment of navigation sensor performance, trajectory dispersions, and other GN&C parameters.
- Certify fault tolerance safety requirements compliance through review of GNC-related hazard reports and associated verification evidence, including communicating uncovered issues to a Safety Review Panel.
- Identify and recommend solutions to GNC/RPO performance related issues.
- Represent the NASA ISS program with providers in all aspects of program management, requirements definition, verification, and reviews of visiting vehicles to the ISS.
- Conduct performance assessments on delivered GN&C data from visiting vehicle providers and provide feedback on compliance.
- Provide feedback on Monte Carlo trajectory analysis that the RPO team performs in independent 6 degrees-of-freedom simulations.
- Provide engineering inputs to operational products, such as flight rules and on-orbit demonstration plans.
- Provide console support during real-time ground monitoring of the visiting vehicle's GN&C system on missions.
- Maintain relationships with a diverse technical team, including personnel from engineering, safety, flight operations, crew office, and visiting vehicle providers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Experience with orbital mechanics and GNC principles.
- Knowledge in the development of GNC algorithms and analyzing system performance for spacecraft.
- Experience with design, verification, testing, and operation of GNC hardware and software.
- Experience with spacecraft rendezvous, proximity operations, and capture/docking.
- Experience with the development of space system requirements and documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable successful performance in a collaborative engineering environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment consisting of NASA civil servants and various contractor employees.
- MS in aerospace engineering with a focus on GNC, flight controls, and orbital mechanics.
- Experience developing, verifying, and validating simulation models.
- Familiarity with spacecraft docking systems.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements, including safety and fault tolerance.
- Experience with NASA flight operations and procedures.
- Familiarity of NASA/JSC documentation databases and SharePoint sites.
- Experience with LINUX, Python, and C++
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink toolboxes.
- Experience with the NASA Trick simulation architecture and JEOD (JSC Engineering Orbital Dynamics) modeling package.
- Experience with Git version control.
- This position offers a 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!