Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Systems Safety Specialist (missiles) will provide staff supervision, guidance, and direction for assigned system development safety. They will evaluate and coordinate missile weapon system safety concepts for command organizations engaged in research, development, testing, production engineering, procurement, and storage of guided missiles, ballistic missiles, rockets and associated equipment.
- Provide professional engineering advice, guidance and assistance in various stages of research, development and deployment.
- Direct the development of new system safety criteria and amends those which are not adequate.
- Ensure that risk management processes are properly used during the entire life cycle of weapon systems and oversee the execution of programmatic system safety activities for supported weapon systems.
- Primary support for the Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor (LTAMDS).
- Evaluates and assesses safety documentation and analysis.
- Creates safety documentation and analysis.
- Attends and evaluates test setup and procedures as well as test results.
- Responsible for attending online and in-person meetings.
- Will provide advice and guidance to the government customer on safety related issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- This position requires US Citizenship due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret Security Clearance.
- Must have a bachelor's degree with 11+ years of recent and related work experience, and associate's degree with 13+ years of related experience, or a high school/or equivalent diploma with 15+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of military regulations.
- Previous experience with Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) would be an added plus.
This position currently offers a hybrid work schedule.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, and must be organized with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!