- JPL - California
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- 70000-175000 per year
- Full Time
Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will work on a TS/SCI effort. They will report to the JPL Technical Group Supervisor for the Autonomy and Fault Protection Group and programmatically to the Flight System Engineering Lead.
- Will partake in a multidisciplinary team in the system level design and development of a fault protection and fault management system.
- Responsible for technical and design aspects of the fault protection system, as well as supporting schedules and deliverables for the fault protection effort. Will follow the section's methodology on the execution of the Fault Protection and Fault Management system engineering process and assist in seeing practices are effectively utilized and implemented by the flight systems engineering team.
- Developing the autonomy and fault protection requirements/principles/practices and products for space system architectures, designs, implementations, and verification and validation.
- Be responsible for the development of products and participation in engineering trades and reviews.
- Ensuring that the section's methodology on the execution of the system engineering process and practices are effectively utilized and implemented by the flight systems engineering team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Must have a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Education: Must have a degree in the field of engineering, physics, or a related field; a bachelor's degree with 15+ years of experience; a master's degree with 10+ years of experience, or a PhD with 7+ years of experience.
- Recent flight project implementation experience in the Fault Protection and Fault Management systems engineering discipline, responsible for key deliverables.
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: systems engineering, aerospace engineering, system level testing and venues, and reliability trades/analyses.
- Extensive understanding in a wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts, designs, analyses, and techniques in autonomous space systems and fault protection resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and methods.
- Significant knowledge of the function and operation of spacecraft systems, subsystems, and instruments.
- Experience coordinating design efforts with partner organizations or vendors.
- Availability for occasional domestic travel.
- SME of systems engineering fault protection design, autonomy, and design analysis.
- Career experience with functional requirement development and translation into system design/architecture, implementation, and delivery; experience working project life-cycle phases C through E; demonstrated ability to contribute at both the architectural and subsystem level integration.
- Experience with verification, integration, and test of flight vehicles; leading tasks and coordinating working groups on large-scale projects in system development, test, and/or operations.
- Experience with development and delivery of system documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans, and release description documents.
- US Citizen with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance based upon Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within a 5-year scope and must be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
This position is located onsite.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must also be organized, with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
$ 70,000 - 175,000
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
This position qualifies for the internal Bastion Employee Referral Program as a "Critical to Fill" position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!