- JPL - California
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- 75000-175000 per year
- Full Time
Bastion offers career opportunities with competitive benefits, exciting possibilities for advancement and an exceptional work environment. Our culture is based on a strong business ethics, integrity, and professionalism. Our team members are known for their initiative and high-quality work. When it comes to our employees, we value, respect, and help them grow in their careers.
The System or Test Engineer II will support our NASA customer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, California.
- Participation in the development of system tools required to support system test activities.
- Support electrical and functional testing of flight hardware.
- Roles include test execution, evaluation of test results, and anomaly resolution that may involve schematic analysis and system validation.
- Generate ATLO electrical integration procedures through evaluation of electrical drawings and collaboration with affected engineers.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- due to the sensitivity of customer related information.
- Education: Must have a bachelor's degree in the field of engineering or physics, or a related field.
- Years of Experience: Must have 10+ years of recent and related work experience.
- Experience with integrating flight hardware electronics.
- Familiar with reading and evaluating electrical circuits and drawings.
- Experience with standard COTS test equipment (e.g., digital multimeter. oscilloscopes, bench-top power supplies, etc.).
- Able to support shift work including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Need to be able to support testing locally (JPL Pasadena).
- Leadership role in executing/conducting tests.
- Support troubleshooting of electrical interfaces and equipment.
- Previous experience in performing V&V utilizing system level test beds.
- Able to generate EGSE cable drawings and manage the fabrication process through to delivery.
This position is located onsite.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass a national agency check, some positions require a clearance and will require an extensive background verification/check process.
DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING REQUIRED:
All Bastion employees must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen; some contracts require participation in periodic random drug and alcohol screening programs.
All of Bastion's employees must be team players, able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, able to follow company programs, processes, procedures, practices, requirements, goals, and objectives, they must have a strong work ethic and must be safety culture oriented. In addition, they must also be organized, with good time management skills.
Bastion offers a wide range of benefits for their full-time employees; medical, prescription, dental, vision, AD&D, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement 401k, vacation, sick pay, holidays, and flexible work schedules (when available). We also support career advancement through professional training and development.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government's vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
$75,000 - 175,000
Bastion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Bastion participates in e-Verify.
This position qualifies for the internal Bastion Employee Referral Program as a "Critical to Fill" position.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!