- Homewood, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Optional Life, AD &D, STD, LTC, LTD, Wellness, Vacation, PTO, Holiday,
HealthComp Holding is one of the top 5 national independent third party administrators (TPAs) in the country. Serving over 360,000 members, we are private-equity backed, investing heavily in the business and growing much faster than the industry. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access.
The position is responsible for supporting internal day-to-day financial operations and for performing accounting transactions and reporting related to group health plans.
This will work with the internal Accounting/Finance team and external clients, brokers and vendors on a daily basis.
- Log daily claim invoices and specific reimbursement receipts in client's tracking report. This includes daily review of all client activity within the spreadsheet.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Balance client tracking report against the claims system. All accounts must balance on the last business day of every month.
- Daily release and balancing of funded registers.
- Weekly email communications to clients, weekly reporting and serve as a backup for daily accounting functions.
- Assist with special projects as needed
Required: Associate's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field; or Equivalent experience in the healthcare industry.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- At minimum 1 years' experience in accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficiency or working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel required.
- Familiarity with finance and accounting practices, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), internal controls and financial reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong customer orientation.
- Good time management skills; highly organized.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail-oriented
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments/projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with excellent judgment
- Ability to deliver completed projects in a deadline-driven environment