- Homewood, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Optional Life, AD &D, STD, LTC, LTD, Wellness, Vacation, PTO, Holiday,
HealthComp Holding is one of the top 5 national independent third party administrators (TPAs) in the country. Serving over 360,000 members, we are private-equity backed, investing heavily in the business and growing much faster than the industry. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access.
Located in the Southwest Suburbs, we currently seek a Claims Trainer to join our Quality Assurance team.
The Claims Trainer will assess departmental training needs, then develop, deliver, and implement new hire and continued educational training. The Claims Trainer is also responsible for coordinating with department leaders organizationally to document and implement new/updated processes and procedures. The Claims Trainer's focus outside of preparation and execution of new hire training, partnering with the Claims Director and maintaining department resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational systems, products, vendors, service model, and other pertinent changes related to the member experience that may drive training needs
- Develops training courses, agenda, and materials to be used in workshop, group, virtual, and one-on-one training sessions and maintains records of completed training and employee sign-offs.
- Executes new hire and on-going employee departmental training in workshop, group, virtual, and one-on-one sessions.
- Maintain Claims resources, including regular departmental email communication on updates/changes to processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with QA & Claims leadership to assess and execute ongoing departmental training needs.
- Coordinates with department leaders organizationally to document and implement new/updated processes and procedures.
- Assesses participants' learning performance; identifies need for additional, specialized, or adaptive instruction.
- Assists with Claims auditing program. (Except during periods of new hire training).
- Travel as required for offsite training, out of state training/seminars, etc. as needed
Experience (Years of Experience/Skills/Abilities):
Required 3 years medical claims processing experience; 2 years in a training role;
Preferred 5+ years of claims processing experience; prior claims auditing experience within a TPA or other healthcare environment
- Prior experience in a Claims department of a Third Party Administrator/Carrier
- Prior experience with RIMS/Qiclink processing software.
- Knowledge of ICD10 coding
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Intermediate mathematics aptitude
- Strong communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong comprehension skills
- Ability to interact with all personality types
The successful candidate must be high school graduate with equivalent years' experience; or possess an Associate's Degree.