- Homewood, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Optional Life, AD &D, STD, LTC, LTD, Wellness, Vacation, PTO, Holiday,
HealthComp Holding is one of the top 5 national independent third party administrators (TPAs) in the country. Serving over 360,000 members, we are private-equity backed, investing heavily in the business and growing much faster than the industry. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access.
We are expanding our Trust Accounting team and are looking for solid team member for the role of Accounting Supervisor. This role is responsible for:
- Documentation of department processes & procedures, as well as implementation of process improvements
- Oversight of funding process, including ownership of any issues and as driving issues to resolution
- Training, supervising and mentoring the Trust Accounting team to facilitate an efficient operation.
- Timely reconciliation of company managed Bank Accounts, including resolution of any unreconciled differences.
- Responding to questions/requests from external parties (clients, brokers, vendors).
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal Funding and Premium Trust Manager, Director of Finance & Accounting, Corporate Accountant, Accounting Team
- External Customers, Vendors, Brokers
- 5 plus years' experience in Accounting, 3 years' experience supervising and/or managing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
Incumbent must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; prior industry experience possesses comprehensive knowledge of group health insurance and employee benefits a plus.