- Homewood, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Optional Life, AD &D, STD, LTC, LTD, Wellness, Vacation, PTO, Holiday,
HealthComp Holdings is one of the nation's leading independent health plan administrators for self-funded employer groups. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access. HealthComp Holdings is owned by Alpine Investors, a leading growth equity investment fund based in San Francisco, Alpine was founded in 2001 and is currently investing its seventh fund.
As we continue grow, we seek a Claims Stop Loss Manager who will provide support of sales/marketing during renewal processing period providing review and documentation/information of specific lasers and contingencies from multiple sources. In addition, provides support of shock loss reporting and answers account manager's questions & reviews for stop loss purposes.
This role is responsible for and will:
- manage team, the workloads, and mentor/guide staff while answering questions and providing training as necessary;
- be a direct contact for Account Managers, Sales, Sales & Client Administration teams. Answer questions regarding paid claims, precerts, lasers, contingencies, case management, shock loss reporting and provide direction as needed;
- track and manage policy details for book of business, updating corresponding data in the required systems;
- lead weekly Last Month of Policy calls, coordinating and tracking follow ups;
- manage and maintain backlog, process and procedures. Update documentation of process and procedures as necessary;
- define and implement performance metrics for the department.
- 5 years' experience in a leader capacity within a Stop Loss department.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- organized with attention to details,
- solid experience of MS Office and Power Point software applications, and
- knowledge of QicLink/RIMS software a plus.
Incumbent should possess a degree in Business Administration.