- Homewood, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, Optional Life, AD &D, STD, LTC, LTD, Wellness, Vacation, PTO, Holiday
HealthComp Holdings is one of the nation's leading independent health plan administrators for self-funded employer groups. Benefit Administrative Systems (BAS) is an operating division within HealthComp Holdings. Along with medical, dental, vision, COBRA and HIPAA administration, we also provide integrated solutions for flexible benefit plans and health and wellness management. We have a proven track record managing health care costs and delivering an unparalleled member experience. In addition, our in-house operations provide superior flexibility, customization and data access.
The Vendor Implementation and Project Manager is responsible for successful execution and completion of all aspects of new client implementation and other BAS project and vendor initiatives. The incumbent will use consistent, established project management methods and tools to monitor and control project deliverables. The ability to manage project performance, vendor relationships and to communicate with project team members, executive sponsors, leadership and other internal and external key stakeholders is critical to success in this role.
1. Lead projects and ensure deliverables such as project charter, project management plan, schedules, issue and risk assessments, progress reporting, transition plans to operationalize and lessons learned documents are created and distributed at appropriate times throughout each project.
2. Initiate, document, plan, track, monitor and control all aspects of projects including holding project team members accountable for execution of assigned tasks. Manage scope and budget. Identify, assess and mitigate project risks.
3. Partner with account management, operations, data team and as well as with leadership and other cross functional teams to fully define scope, key objectives, expected outcomes and deadlines. Identify and engage all vendor partners to ensure full integration from beginning through completion of project.
4. Establish and maintain solid business relationships with vendors and manage long term relationships. If/when changes are made at the vendor level, determine the impact to BAS. Communicate potential impacts to key stakeholders and initiate project management functions as necessary.
5. Partner with cross functional departments to support process improvement initiatives by documenting current and future state workflows and identify downstream impacts. Assist in documenting ROI.
6. Identify sources that can be used to plan and prioritize process improvement initiatives such as customer or client inquiries, quality audit results, feedback from vendors, manual processes.
Experience (Years of Experience/Skills/Abilities):
Required Minimum of 2 years of health plan administration industry experience; 4 years project management experience; Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency level (PowerPoint, Project, Word, Excel, etc.) as well as ability to create and use Gantt charts, workflow diagrams and other pertinent business materials.
Preferred Minimum of 4 years of health plan administration industry experience; 8 years project management experience; Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency level (PowerPoint, Project, Word, Excel, etc.) as well as ability to create and use Gantt charts, workflow diagrams and other pertinent business materials.