- Omaha, NE, USA
- 90000-11000 per year We provide excellent benefits, including health insurance, paid time off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, a 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, fun company events and company swag.
Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, with offices in Tampa, FL and Manila, Philippines. Banyan is a pioneer and thought leader in the virtual care industry. Our talented team and innovative care model improve outcomes for patients and work experiences for the hospital staff who care for them. We work as a valued partner to leading hospitals and are growing our virtual care services and business to new heights every day. As the inventors of Virtual Nursing, our time proven winning process helps solve hospital and staffing burdens. Our tech enabled services include (but not limited to) virtual care teams, virtual sitters, and multi-source audio/video collaboration. Banyan Medical Systems is an innovative Digital Healthcare provider looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
The Director of product Strategy will be a key, strategic position at Banyan that will be responsible for the creation, and continual improvement of the product roadmap taking account of emerging opportunities and challenges while respecting longer term goals based on market and client analysis as well as internal organizational alignment. To include:
- Create the process that will be used by all to determine efficacy of new functionality or new products and solutions.
- Once complete, Evaluate existing and new solution potential in the marketplace.
- identify strategic market entry points.
- Formulate business cases associated with current and future solutions (ROI/Revenue)
In addition to the above, this role will be vital in continuing to drive market penetration and relevance by working closely and effectively with key partners including the Vice President of Strategic Development, Product Development, Marketing, Sales and current Customers to continually develop, refine and evangelize Banyan's solutions through strategic marketing campaigns and education.
This candidate is required to have an in-depth understanding of the healthcare IT/clinical marketplace. Every aspect of the specific product or solution from inception to marketing will be "owned" by this individual. Think of this position as a liaison position between the healthcare marketplace, engineering, marketing and finance that is able to determine/quantify the need, design potential solutions, build it, market it, sell it and measure it.
In the future, Banyan intends to on-board discipline-specific product managers that will report in to this position. Those individuals will be solution experts in a particular area that will assist the Director of Product Strategy in each of those areas.
- Own the complete product lifecycle including:
- Identifying market demand(s)
- Determining potential solutions
- Competitive market analysis
- Value proposition
- Risk analysis
- Product design and development
- Pricing models
- Marketing/ release strategy
- Impact measurement
- Sales Support
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO to discuss strategy and financial impact.
- Work closely with the VP of Strategic Development to ensure that there is alignment with the overall product vision.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to assist with the development of the annual marketing plan and for controlling advertising, promotions, website design, trade show strategies, etc.
- Education (and continuing education) of the sales and marketing teams with respect to new products or product features, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Clearly identify potential market or client objections and educate the sales staff on how to overcome them (this will eventually be the role of a product-specific manager).
- Work with Banyan's sales leadership to establish a reference account strategy for the specific solution(s). This includes customer contacts, possible testimonials, case studies, etc.
- Abide by regulatory requirements in all aspects of product development and messaging.
- Provide effective leadership and a supportive and collaborative working climate to ensure the Product Strategy team grows in alignment with business and client expectations.
- Promotes Banyan's cultural values in a manner resulting in a positive, team-oriented, client-focused and results-driven business group.
NOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Innovative thinker able to effortlessly move from broad strategic thinking to tactical details required for successful sales execution.
- Strong business acumen.
- Team player who is detail oriented, organized and self-directed with high integrity and discipline. It should be noted that Banyan will have multiple product managers in the near future, so working within a team will be imperative.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and grow a highly-engaged team
- Excellent organizational skills. Candidate must be able to manage several product projects simultaneously.
- Able to work independently, but not be opposed to reaching out for help.
- Willing and able to have a flexible schedule to be able to do what is necessary to finish the task
- Analytical in nature, never stops questioning the "norm"
- Well versed in Microsoft office products (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time. Primarily day trips.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Four year Bachelor's degree, preferably in health sciences, marketing, or business
- Masters Degree in Business (or health-related field) preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of management experience
- Proven track record in previous strategic positions required
*Please note- We genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Banyan Medical Systems, however due to the volume of applications that we receive, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!