- Omaha, NE, USA
We provide excellent benefits, including health insurance, paid time off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, a 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, fun company events and company swag
The financial analyst is responsible for compiling and preparing financial reports (monthly forecasts, quarterly current estimates, and yearly plans); providing meaningful and concise variance analysis of actual performance compared to plans, forecasts and prior periods. Financial Analyst will work with Executive Leadership to 1) provide financial information and gain insights into expenses and budgets, 2) support the expense and budgeting piece of the annual financial planning process, 3) support monthly/quarterly expense accruals and reporting, and 4) support various cross-functional initiatives, including those involving senior leadership and financial obligations.
Relationship Management and Expense Consulting
- Builds strong working relationships and collaborates with wide range of functional stakeholders, including senior leadership, to provide guidance and consulting, address concerns, and ensure transparency and alignment
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on complex financial information for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Becomes subject matter expert on current and emerging expense variances and trends for assigned functional area(s) and applies expertise to ongoing projects/initiatives
- Develops new metrics, tools, processes, etc. which increase overall engagement and enable stakeholders to better manage expenses
- Perform special projects and analysis as required.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning. Develop profit and loss statements, cash flow statements, manage accounts receivable for independent profit centers and develop recommendations for cash flow and profit improvements.
- Prepares, analyzes, and reports on expense actuals vs. plan, expense forecasts, budgets, staffing levels, unit costs, and industry trends and benchmarks
- Analyzes and communicates to management and key stakeholders on identified risks and financial implications of changes in product or process
- Develops and executes on effective and efficient financial reporting and expense management processes that lead to desired results and are in accordance with GAAP, STAT, and SEC requirements as well as in compliance with SOX controls (includes some expense accruals and journal entries)
- Identifies process improvements that significantly reduce workloads and/or improve quality
Financial Planning and Special Projects
- Plays major role in expense and budgeting portion of annual financial planning process, including liaising with assigned functions/stakeholders, creating overall budget targets and projections, and ensuring timely and accurate budget uploads
- Champions and/or enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Education: Finance and or Accounting Degree or related experience
- Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in Healthcare financial accounting, Healthcare financial planning, Healthcare finance, public accounting, or other related experience.
- License/Certifications: CPA preferred not required
- Special qualifications:
- Hospital based experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of accounting financial statements to facilitate modeling.
- Expert Excel skills needed for financial modeling.
- Working knowledge of Access, Oracle, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks under time constraints. Ability to ascertain how transaction affects all areas of financial statements.
- Ability to function well under pressure. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including the ability to interact well with all levels of management and team members.
- Periodic overtime will be required, especially during the planning process, current estimate or during other critical times.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong critical problem-solving skills. A
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Hours of work: Monday- Friday 8-5 additional hours as needed to complete month/quarterly/year end
- Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange,
Skype for Business, and Office 365
Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. We design, develop, produce, sell, and support custom Healthcare IT solutions. Our work focuses on the integration of real-time data streams in support of providing care givers, patients, and family members access to coordinated, holistic care information. We currently offer configurable solutions for procedural area integration (e.g. operating rooms), fall prevention, virtual care teams, and multi-source audio/video collaboration. In addition, we offer scalable custom solutions for addressing room to enterprise level collaboration needs. Banyan Medical Systems is an innovative Digital Healthcare provider looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Managed Services Operation Location:
- Banyan Headquarters
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!