- Omaha, NE, USA
- Full Time
medical, dental, vision, life, accident, telemedicine, telecounseling, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k with Match
Sync is looking to add new members to it's leadership team.
As a member of the Managed Services team, the Virtual Registered Nurse will coordinate the plan of care and provide comprehensive care coordination and oversight of patient's care remotely on the Managed Services Clients' inpatient unit(s). The Virtual Registered Nurse, in collaboration with members of the bedside inter-disciplinary healthcare team, leads the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary plan of care for patients, determining appropriate patient status and level of care, ensuring effective quality and cost-efficient outcomes.
The Virtual Registered Nurse will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team, including Physicians, Registered Nurses, technicians, and other healthcare providers, for care coordination, education and virtual assessments on admission and discharge. The Virtual Registered Nurse will also be responsible for monitoring quality metrics specific to the department and ensuring complete and accurate documentation in the patient record of the data collected for those metrics. A high degree of professional competence and autonomy will be demonstrated in performing the roles of 1) clinician, 2) educator, 3) consultant/collaborator, and 4) navigator.
Under general supervision of the SVP/CNO-Sync, the team leader is responsible for performing virtual clinical care within the scope of practice of the department; the general supervision and clinical performance including coordination of adequate staffing for all client sites, shift assignments, workload distribution, and Virtual Nursing SOP/SOC. Additional responsibilities include precepting for New/Initial, Ongoing and Auditing for staff and clients; assist with client quality metrics; providing educational curricula and training with various EMR's for staff. Maintains communications within the department and with clients; participates in conducting employee interviews. The team leader in this department provides care for 18-39 Yrs., Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs., Adult, and 65+ Geriatric patients. Provides back-up assistance to staff when indicated between normal duties.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow English verbal and written instructions, and have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution, presentation, time management, and positive personal influence and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills to delegate, functionally supervise, provide direction/guidance to staff, and hold others accountable are required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with a minimum of direction, anticipate and organize workflow, prioritize, and follow through on responsibilities.
- Must have strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills necessary to provide utilization review/discharge planning services appropriate to patients with complex medical, emotional, and social needs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-volume case load environment and deal effectively with rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with a broad spectrum of health care professionals is required.
- Must be assertive and creative in problem solving, system planning and management.
- Proficient computer skills are required including use of Electronic Health Record and other IT applications.
- Must be effective as both a team member and a leader.
- General knowledge of supervisory principles/applications is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of disease processes, current treatments, and their physical and psychosocial sequelae.
- Knowledge of individual and family development over the life span is required.
- Knowledge of the influence of cultural and spiritual values on health care is required.
- Must know child, elder and dependent adult, and domestic violence reporting requirements.
- Works with the multi-disciplinary healthcare team to ensure the plan of care is expedited and barriers to efficient throughput are identified and corrected.
- Creates a plan of care that outlines the key interventions and outcomes to be achieved each day of the inpatient stay. "Plan for the day - plan for the stay".
- Identifies and refers quality and risk management concerns to appropriate level for corrective action plans and trending.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide cultural, spiritual and age specific care by obtaining specific care information and assessing relevant information needed to identify each patient's unique treatment and discharge planning needs.
- Ensures that the patient is transitioned to the next level of care as quickly as possible once the patient no longer meets clinical criteria for the current level of care.
Assessment/Care Coordination/Discharge Planning
- Reviews initial hospital admission and gathers additional medical, psychosocial, and financial data from needs assessment, client/family, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Collaborates with physicians to facilitate timely resolution of situations such as client concerns, need for referrals and discharge barriers to expedite the discharge plan.
- Effectively deals with resistance and conflict in working with member of the patient care team, physicians, clients, and families.
- Mobilizes resources to effect rapid and timely movement of the patient through the system to achieve targeted discharge times established by organizational policy and procedure.
Department Operations and Professional Development
- Actively participates in department meetings and operations, including process development or improvement (e.g., department orientation, internal mentor/training programs and initiates, disease and population management strategies, appropriate measures for evaluation of outcomes) and establishment of department goals, objectives.
- Ensures all applicable department and regulatory targets for productivity and department performance process improvement are attained (e.g., hospital length of stay, average cost per discharge, and re-admission rates, HCAHPS, etc.).
- Complies with all reporting requirements for mandated, risk management, and other medical/legal situations consistent with confidentiality policies and department standards.
- Actively contributes to the development and maintenance of a care delivery system which is sensitive to individual patient needs, promotes effective resource utilization, while emphasizing coordination across the continuum.
- Positively contributes to team's decision-making process, effectively collaborates with other team members on interdependent tasks, and actively supports implementation of plans to accomplish team objectives.
- Adheres to department and facility policies and procedures and supports philosophies and initiatives.
- Maintains accurate, current, and legible patient records using approved forms and format, according to department and entity standards, including patient assessments, plans, interventions, patient/family involvement, outside agency communications, and interdisciplinary contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS for Team Lead - Virtual Registered Nurse
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing required.
- Eligible for an unencumbered multistate license
- Three to Five (3-5) or more years of RN experience in an acute patient care setting, in medical/surgical, Emergency Department or critical care preferred.
- Broad nursing clinical background strongly preferred.
- Experience working efficiently with multiple computer applications in a fast-paced work setting.
- Experience demonstrating leadership skills and inter-disciplinary collaboration preferred.
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association required
- License/Certifications: Current Nebraska Registered Nurse multi-license required, or eligible for an unencumbered multistate license. Current Registered Nurse license required in state where the patient is located will be required immediately upon hire. Professional nursing certification preferred, (i.e., Med-Surg, CCRN, etc.).
- Special qualifications: Manage and communicate data and information in clinical informatics work environment to Managed Services Clients, nurses, health care providers and patients. Act as the liaison between health care providers and technology staff. Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical problem-solving skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies. Ability to lead, plan and delegate tasks appropriately. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently and under pressure. Knowledge of government and third party reimbursement systems and contracts.
- Hours of work: PRN, Part-Time and/or Full-Time Non-Exempt
- Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Office 365
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!