Sync is looking to add new members to it's leadership team.
The Safety Companion Team Lead will monitor patients identified as at risk for fall from a remote location. The Virtual Sitter will directly observe multiple patients at the same time using CARE technology. The Virtual Sitter will promote safe environment by supporting and communicating with floor staff, while providing patients and families with the reassurance of patient's safety. The Virtual Sitter's focus will be on the prevention of patient falls.
Under general supervision of the SVP/CNO-Sync, the team leader is responsible for performing virtual clinical care within the scope of practice of the department; the general supervision and clinical performance including coordination of adequate staffing for all client sites, shift assignments, workload distribution, and Virtual Clinical SOP/SOC. Additional responsibilities include precepting for New/Initial, Ongoing and Auditing for staff and clients; assist with client quality metrics; providing educational curricula and training with various EMR's for staff. Maintains communications within the department and with clients; participates in conducting employee interviews. The team leader in this department provides care for 18-39 Yrs., Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs., Adult, and 65+ Geriatric patients. Provides back-up assistance to staff when indicated between normal duties.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow English verbal and written instructions, and have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution, presentation, time management, and positive personal influence and negotiation skills.
- Leadership skills to delegate, functionally supervise, provide direction/guidance to staff, and hold others accountable are required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with a minimum of direction, anticipate and organize workflow, prioritize, and follow through on responsibilities.
- Must have strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills necessary to provide utilization review/discharge planning services appropriate to patients with complex medical, emotional, and social needs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-volume case load environment and deal effectively with rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with a broad spectrum of health care professionals is required.
- Must be assertive and creative in problem solving, system planning and management.
- Proficient computer skills are required including use of Electronic Health Record and other IT applications.
- Must be effective as both a team member and a leader.
- General knowledge of supervisory principles/applications is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of disease processes, current treatments, and their physical and psychosocial sequelae.
- Knowledge of individual and family development over the life span is required.
- Knowledge of the influence of cultural and spiritual values on health care is required.
- Must know child, elder and dependent adult, and domestic violence reporting requirements.
- Works with the multi-disciplinary healthcare team to ensure the plan of care is expedited and barriers to efficient throughput are identified and corrected.
- Identifies and refers quality and risk management concerns to appropriate level for corrective action plans and trending.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide cultural, spiritual and age specific care by obtaining specific care information and assessing relevant information needed to identify each patient's unique treatment and discharge planning needs.
- Ensures that the patient is transitioned to the next level of care as quickly as possible once the patient no longer meets clinical criteria for the current level of care.
- Obtains verbal report from the patient's nurse to include information regarding the patient's identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
- Ensures complete visualization of the patient via remote monitoring equipment. Continuous visual observation of patient always using room safety camera to identify potential harm to self or others. This includes dislodging of drains, tubes, IV's, getting up unassisted, etc.
- Collaboration with Charge VN for concerns not requiring immediate physical intervention.
- Observes the patient's activity and behavior and redirects the patient as needed. If indicated, immediately notifies floor staff of the need for physical intervention (such as toileting assistance assisting patient to lie back in bed, moving an item closer, etc.)
- Using clinical judgement to determine whether camera monitoring is necessary during private patient activities, such as physician examinations, bathing, and toileting.
- Able to identify safety risks and communicate the need to escalate assistance to the patient.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by responsible nurse to changing patients'/unit's needs.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
Qualifications for Virtual Safety Companion (sitter)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required, professional development in a clinical program, i.e., nursing, respiratory therapy etc., preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years' med-surg experience in healthcare preferred.
- License/Certifications: BLS (AHA or RC) certification required upon hire. Certification as a nursing assistant required.
- Hours of work: Full-Time Non-Exempt - 12-hour shift, rotating weekends.
- Experience and knowledge of the following Microsoft System: Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Office 365
It is essential that associates can support the values of Banyan and Managed Services Clients, and interact effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, and staff. Each associate is expected to demonstrate a commitment to core values, standards of behavior and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor always.
Security Access: Confidential Information:
Staff may have access to confidential patient, associate and/or organizational information as it applies to their job responsibilities and must comply with the terms of Managed Services Clients and Banyan policies in protecting that information.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!