- 28-Mar-2022 to 01-Oct-2025 (CST)
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, 401k, teammate discount
The Health & Beauty/General Merchandise Manager assists customers in their shopping experience by leading all aspects of the HBC/GM team in a way that not only promotes growth for the company, but also results in a team that delivers the product and service Balls Food Store customers have come to expect.
Health & Beauty/General Merchandise Manager Responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision of the activities of all other members of the team in a manner that is operationally effective, but is also motivating and respectful.
- Effectively set and implement a strategy for achieving operational excellence within the HBC/GM department.
- Clearly communicate to team members the goals that have been set for the department, then implement plans to reach those set goals.
- Promote a positive overall team atmosphere that includes cooperation and teamwork, high morale, positive interpersonal interactions and communications, and recognition for a job well done.
- Effectively manage labor costs in a way that successfully balances the customer's need for service with the company's need to closely monitor expenditures.
- Practice effective inventory management by counting and verifying merchandise against invoices and inspecting deliveries against for shortages, damages and quality.
- Be knowledgeable of the items in your department so you can accurately and courteously answer customer questions.
- Resolve customer complaints in a professional manner and recognize when it is appropriate to involve a member of the store management team.
- Know and implement the Balls Food Stores Vision Statement.
- Minimum of (1) year previous experience in an HBC/GM operations position is required.
Reaching overhead with both arms up to a maximum of 84 inches, twisting at the waist and lifting objects with both hands weighing up to 30 lbs.
Pushing and pulling grocery items to the proper locations as needed, up to a peak force of 40 lbs.
Standing and walking for long periods of time on tile, asphalt, concrete or other hard surfaces.
Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
Bending and squatting, at times all the way to floor level.
Climbing a ladder, possibly up to 15ft.
In addition we offer:
- Career Opportunities
- Paid Vacations
- Holiday Pay
- Teammate Discount
- Referral Bonus
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Drug Free Workplace/EOE