Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
Position Summary: As a critical member of the Marketing Team, you will help execute marketing strategies, assist with key marketing projects and initiatives, and ensure the Marketing Team stays organized and successful. You are also responsible for ensuring consistency of our Arizona Humane Society brand.
Day in the Life:
- Assists the Marketing Team on special projects and key initiatives
- Writes and creates content and captures video when needed for various channels including website, social media, emails and media publications
- Organizes and updates story vault and helps procure content
- Tracks, compiles and analyzes data across all AHS channels including website, social media, email, media and video. Manages timely data upload to Marketing dashboard and helps produce monthly report.
- Assists with website and graphic design updates
- Manages online calendars across various websites and AHS business listings
- Monitors and responds to Facebook, Google and Yelp reviews.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations and may assist with running them at meetings
- Manages the monthly Marketing Planning calendar and compiles meeting notes
- Assists with selection of and management of pets for Pets on Parade TV show
- Assists with budget tracking and financial assessments
- Provides general and project-specific administrative support to the Marketing Team, including assistance with marketing needs of internal departments and stakeholders
- Helps execute award/conference speaking submissions
- Audits signage, flyers, bulletin board postings and other collateral at all AHS locations to ensure brand consistency and accurate information. Facilitates updates to collateral.
- Audits website regularly to ensure information is factual and accurate
- Assists in event coordination and execution
- Oversees marketing inventory and storage for organization-wide needs
- Conducts consumer, industry and competitive market research and provides analyses. Researches and may produce reports on best practices, trends, new ideas, awards, conventions, conference opportunities, and other information as needed
- Champions and ensures consistency with brand messages and brand standards
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, adaptability, judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience in managing social media and online review tools
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, and Asana project management software
- Experience making simple website edits. Knowledge of WordPress preferred.
- Expertise working with multi-disciplinary teams with a range of communication styles
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Flexible work schedule
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Calm, cool, and complexity-friendly
- Passionate about animal welfare
All AHS employees are expected to uphold the values of Innovation, Compassion, and Excellence.
Kind and inclusive. We value diversity and are committed to fostering and preserving it.
Real. We walk our talk and live our values of innovation, compassion and excellence every day.
Friendly and pet-obsessed. Bring your pet to work or snuggle with a pet in your office who needs a break from our kennel environment.
One team. We collaborate and play nicely. We follow "peer team first" principles.
Supportive. Wellness program, Employee Assistance program, and we advance from within.
Transforming. We are growing. Our new Papago Park Campus, which will be nationally recognized, will be opening in 2023.
Fast. We are known to work fast and smarter, not harder.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related-field preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Mathematical - Basic
Technical - MS Office, Adobe Suite, WordPress, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email marketing software, Google docs, Asana project management
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation are required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air-conditioned and heated office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.