Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
Development & Data Specialist
The Arizona Humane Society's ("AHS") Development & Data Specialist is a key role on the Development Team, responsible for the maintenance, enhancement and functional use of the donor database to drive identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Key actionable responsibilities include data management, quality assurance and integrity, reporting and reconciliation. The Development & Data Specialist will partner with members of the Development, Marketing and Finance Teams and reports to the Development Operations Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Donor database accuracy and integrity.
- Oversee the Raiser's Edge donor database.
- Perform regular audits on gift entry, administration and acknowledgement.
- Work closely with the Finance Team to complete the annual, external audit.
- Oversee data hygiene.
- Provide staff training on the database as needed.
- Gift and data administration.
- Import and export gifts and donor information through multiple channels.
- Manage pledge and payment tracking and reminder process.
- Reconcile with Finance Team.
- Partner with Development Coordinator and Development Assistant to ensure accurate and timely gift acknowledgement.
- Partner with peers to ensure accurate donor honor rolls and recognition.
- Serve as a back-up for gift entry and coding.
- Donor and prospect data management.
- Prospect research and qualification.
- Assist with wealth screening and other data overlays to support fundraising efforts.
- Drive the organization's Moves Management process.
- Provide support to peers in developing and producing standard and custom queries and reports.
- Extract, segment and analyze data to achieve fundraising goals.
- Segment and pull lists for direct mail, event invitations, email lists, donor solicitation and stewardship lists.
- Develop and maintain fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Report on stewardship and acquisition to support fundraising analysis.
- Partner with the AHS Marketing Team and other teams on data governance and strategy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum three years' professional experience in Raiser's Edge and nonprofit development required.
- Blackbaud Professional Certification strongly preferred.
- Proven record of accomplishment in database administration required.
- Comparable education/experience may be considered.
- Impeccable customer service skills with internal and external customers. Must be comfortable in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong attention to detail; superb organizational skills with a high level of initiative and follow-through.
- Regular use of discretion, confidentiality and independent judgement in line with the Association of Fundraising Professionals' ("AFP") Code of Ethical Standards & Principles.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read and write English. .
Mathematical - Intermediate mathematical skills.
Technical - Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Office, PowerPoint and Outlook required. At least three years' experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge required. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Regular attendance is required. Must be available to occasionally work evening and weekend events.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check required.