Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
The Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Animal Care & Experience Administrative Assistant
This role is responsible for administrative duties that are critical to maintaining a high level of care, including; data collection and reporting, preparing presentations, maintaining departmental documents, inventory monitoring, and ordering. You will also prescreen and schedule interviews for potential candidates for open roles in Animal Care and Experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain department's data platforms, including daily recording of critical metrics.
- Create and maintain departmental schedules, including onboarding and PTO.
- Screen and schedule applicants for interviews.
- At the direction of leadership, draft and update department documents, communications, and signage, including SOPs and weekly Discord updates.
- Design presentations for internal and external use, as directed.
- Work with coordinators on weekly supply audits; order all department supplies and ensure par counts are consistently met.
- Track employee birthdays and put together birthday cards and treats.
- Pull data for monthly reports, including board and interdepartmental reports.
- Collaborate with leadership and Supply Manager to address supply acquisition barriers, including cost. Prepare and upload monthly expense receipts for processing.
- Assist in planning meetings and employee appreciation, including ordering and delivering all needed supplies and venue securement.
- Update department's communications platforms as requested by leaders.
- Ensure internal and external customers receive an Excellent Experience Every time.
- Demonstrate Innovation, Compassion, and Excellence at all times.
- Support the overall mission of Animal Experience by ensuring all AHS animals receive kindness, compassion, low-stress handling, positive interactions, mental stimulation, and physical exercise daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Bachelor degree or trade school certification preferred
- Possess strong written, verbal skills, computer and organizational skills.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Administrative experience preferred
- Experienced with Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Canva, Infogram, and other data platforms
- Skilled with Zoom, Outlook and other similar software.
- Fundamental knowledge of budgetary processes preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Technical - Computer skills
Regular attendance, punctuality, and access to reliable transportation are required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air-conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check is required.