Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence. (Video)
As of June 14th, 2021, the Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Kitten Nursery / Bottle Baby ICU Coordinator
Coordinates activities and scheduling of staff in the Kitten Nursery and Bottle Baby ICU. Coordinates the care and treatment of animals in these areas. Ensure medical records are accurately entered into Chameleon, including but not limited to project To Dos, daily weights, and foster/rescue templates. Responsible for ordering/restocking of supplies and cleanliness of areas. Works with Foster, Rescue, Out Reach, and related departments to keep areas at appropriate capacity level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate, train staff/volunteers, evaluate and direct the activities of Kitten Nursery and Bottle Baby ICU.
- Maintain staff schedule.
- Promote safety on a continual basis; report all on-the-job injuries sustained by staff while in the work place.
- Oversee daily treatments, medication, and open projects.
- Place animals on check rescue and check foster.
- Communicate with appropriate departments on capacity levels.
- Communicate with supervisor/manager on events in Kitten Nursery and Bottle Baby ICU.
- Inform Veterinarians regarding status of all animals in overseen areas.
- Responsible for ordering/restocking and cleanliness of areas on a daily basis.
- Perform technician duties alongside of team members.
- Work with supervisor/manger to prepare for team meetings.
- Maintain euthanasia log.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma OR GED required.
- Graduation from technical school and or at least one year supervisory experience in animal welfare setting.
- Must be able to fulfill all duties of a Technician I or II.
- Strong communication skills are needed.
- Should have good interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English. Strong communication skills are needed. Should have good interpersonal skills and be able to resolve conflict.
Technical Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary. Proficiency with or able to learn/use Chameleon software.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. There may be occasional wet floors, animal noises, odors, and dander. There will be exposure to dust, heat and temperature changes. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.