Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
As of June 14th, 2021, the Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Senior Systems Administrator
Plan, install, upgrade, monitor and maintain software and hardware for servers, virtualization, desktops, operating systems, business applications, storage, security tools, backups & recover, email, VoIP and network LANWAN infrastuctures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, monitor, and maintenance of physical and virtual servers, data storage, network LAN/WAN, software, AD, Microsoft O365, VoIP, security tools, and desktop clients.
- Respond to user helpdesk tickets, ensuring applications, workstations, laptops, printers, fperipherals, and related equipment problems are resolved promptly with limited disruptions and document all work performed in the service desk system.
- Proactively manage backend systems, servers, applications, security, network, VPN, and firewalls to maintain reliable uptime.
- Responsible for security patch management, system updates, and vulnerability scanning.
- Perform regular data backup and recovery operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT management for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration systems and required documentation.
- Will be required to be on call on a rotating basis for after-hours user emergencies and provide after-hours support for Infrastructure-related emergencies and occasional weekend maintenance.
- Will be required to travel to various campuses locations to provide on-site support as needed.
- Assist IT management with special projects as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- High school diploma and relevant IT certifications (e.g. MCITP, MCSE, CCNA, A+, etc.).
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in an information technology area or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of systems administration and network administration experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group policy administration.
- Managing servers' virtualization technologies like VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, or AZURE.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN Routing and Switching administration, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- 1-2 years of Microsoft O365 administration and configuration experience.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems
- 1-2 years of AZURE administration experience preferred.
- Must possess good communication skills and can relate well with employees at all levels.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language - Able to speak, read and write English; Spanish language helpful.
Mathematical - Ability to perform basic mathematical skills.
Technical - Must have a good working knowledge of computers, software, operating systems and local area networks. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Explorer; able to learn other software programs as necessary.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.