Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. Named "Best Nonprofit" and "Best Place to Volunteer" by our community, we offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
As of June 14th, 2021, the Arizona Humane Society will require proof of immunization against COVID-19 for all new employees. Exemptions will be allowed for medical or religious reasons.
Foster Relationship Specialist - 3 DAYS OFF Weekly
Do you love people as much as you love pets? Are you the type of person who thrives best in fast-paced environments, where multi-tasking, problem solving and a willingness to learn new skills are just part of your everyday routine? Does administering vaccines and veterinary medicine excite you? If you answered yes, then we'd like for you to apply!
Our Foster Relationship Specialists manage a high-volume exam room where they will perform basic medical exams (TPR), administer vaccines, dewormer and flea/tick medication for foster pets (dogs, cats, critters,) and assist our Foster Heroes in picking up their new foster pets! Not only are they a master of time management and critical thinking in their exam rooms, they are also rock stars in offering an excellent experience every time to our Foster Heroes during their appointments. Our Foster Relationship Specialists are compassionate with their communication, keep a cool composure under pressure and thrive on teamwork. Join our team who is dedicated to innovation, compassion, excellence. This position is great for recent graduates with a veterinary associate degree or someone aspiring to become a veterinary technician.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physical exams, administer vaccines, and obtain TPRs and the current weight of foster pets (cats, dogs, critters) during foster appointments.
- Support Foster Heroes with questions and concerns regarding their foster pet.
- Coach Foster Heroes on how to care for foster pets.
- Convey diagnostic results, treatment plans, medication instructions and home care instructions to Foster Heroes.
- Complete and maintain medical records.
- Collect information about how foster pets behaved/progressed after staying with our Foster Heroes.
- Recognize foster emergencies and maintain strong communication with Foster Heroes and Foster Veterinary Technicians.
- Gather supplies and fill medication as needed for Foster Heroes.
- Keep all clinic areas clean and orderly; restock supplies as needed.
- Update the AHS website with pets needing foster placement.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.