- 05-Mar-2021 to 04-Jun-2021 (CST)
- Accounting / Finance
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Healthcare Plans, 401K with Employer match
ABOUT AVOSYS Founded in 1998, Avosys is an award winning growing business providing Information Technology, CyberSecurity, Intelligence, Management Consulting and Medical Services, nationally to its Federal, State and Commercial clients. We know the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best and brightest. Don't miss this opportunity to join an elite team of trusted talent, inspired to serve, partnered with government, to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
Position Profile: Performs all activities necessary to process Certified Payroll, Accounting and HR Administration, including maintaining related records, health & welfare calculations, benefit accounting and administration, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Internal audits, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and supporting controller with accounting, reconciliations and record keeping.
Minimum Requirements: Eight years' experience in Payroll Administration, preferably in support of a government contractor with knowledge of Service Contract Act requirements. Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must be proficient with HRIS/Payroll systems and report development. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing. Must maintain an insurable driving record. Must have excellent math skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Accounting, HR or related field required.
- Proficient of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Federal Acquisition Regulations (5 Years)
- Proficient of FAR, FAR supplements, Service Contract Act compliance (5 Years).
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Deltek Costpoint, Unanet, Jamis or related DCAA compliant government contractor accounting and timekeeping systems, highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Service Contract Act Health & Welfare benefit accounting, highly preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred.
- Experience calculating/tracking Payroll, Compensation, Health & Welfare, Overtime and Time Off benefits accounting and reconciliations.
- Maintain current knowledge of Payroll and HR laws.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Administer multi-state certified payroll including timekeeping, payroll processing and reporting.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion in the performance of all duties.
- Review timesheets and wage/benefit computations to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours-worked, unpaid leave, and post information in designated HRIS and DCAA compliant Timekeeping systems.
- Perform Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Benefit Administration and related documentation, bookkeeping and accounting reconciliations and journal entries.
- Process payroll accurately to avoid errors in payments and required federal/state/agency data.
- Setup, Load, Manage, Track Timekeeping and Contract records in applicable systems.
- Assist Controller with accounting, bookkeeping, financial record reconciliations.
- Document payroll actions to insure accurate, complete data collection for federal/state audits.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Use HRIS/Payroll systems to perform primary functions, track HR/Payroll data and generate reports.
- Compute wages, pre and post-tax deductions, fringe benefits and all Time Off benefits.
- Record employee information, such as allowances, transfers, resignations and benefit changes.
- Insure all required payroll reports are completed in a timely fashion, including legally required reports.
- Track HR data such as compensation, labor costs, training hours, benefit costs and company property.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements regarding payroll processes.
- Administer employee benefit programs, including new enrollments, changes and Open Enrollments and related accounting activities.
- Coordinate the submission of the annual Incurred Cost Report and interface with DCAA for audits
- Ensure bank & general ledger account reconciliations are completed timely
- Contribute to the team effort by maintaining a flexible, positive, can-do attitude.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Cultural Qualifications: Emphasize empowerment, quality, productivity and standards; create ongoing recruitment and development processes for a superior workforce; communicate effectively; possess a pleasant manner and the ability to relate to employees and the public; punctual; able to perform duties in a conscientious cooperative manner; willing to assist others and to improve work skills as appropriate; maintain acceptable productivity standards with consistency in the quality work in terms of accuracy and thoroughness; willing to maintain interest in the field through trainings offered, workshops, seminars, etc.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Reference Code: 21.03.CORP.SAAC
Position Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, TX
Industry: Commercial for Government Contractor
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Questions? Call AK @ (210) 888-0782
f you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.