- Earth City, MO, USA
- Full Time
comprehensive - medical, dental, vision, 401k, long- and short-term disability, PTO and holiday pay
Assemble process controls instrumentation using hand tools, power tools, pneumatic testing equipment, and assorted electronic power supplies. Pre-testing of components prior to assembly is common among many instrument lines. Some electronics assembly is required including wiring, soldering electronic components, and testing small motors. Work from OEM published literature to obtain specifications, dimensional prints, and general assembly instruction. Work is normally performed at a bench, but may include walking or standing and lifting up to fifty pounds.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble all makes of electronic and pneumatic instruments and controls.
- Independently interpret and manage the work order system to ensure timely assembly of instruments.
- Create and assign work orders to others as may be necessary to fulfill assigned work orders.
- Test/evaluate assembled instruments for conformance to specification prior to calibration by Tech. Shop personnel.
- Train/educate others assembly personnel on proper instrument assembly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to independently interpret and follow instruction manuals, drawings, specifications and similar technical documents.
- Previous meaningful experience in assembly or calibration of process control instrumentation or similar equipment.
Preferred Experience & Aptitude
- High attention to detail (as there are many different configurations for individual instruments).
- High level of mechanical aptitude.
- Action Oriented Enjoys hard work; action oriented & full of energy
- Customer Focus Consistently meets expectations & requirements of internal customers
- Informing Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs; provides direct feedback & information so that timely and accurate decisions are made; keeps supervisor informed
- Organized Can identify resources necessary for timely completion of assigned duties; can orchestrate multiple activities
- Problem Solving Applies appropriately rigorous logic & methods to investigate and solve problems & apply effective solutions
- Time Management Uses time effectively & efficiently; concentrates efforts on the priorities; focused
Key Performance Metrics
- Productivity - Units & dollars completed per shift
- Quality - Assembly related defects or non-conformances in workmanship
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Able to perform assembly work while standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in a non-air conditioned facility.
- Able to work overtime as may be occasionally required.