- Midway, TN, USA
- Full Time
Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer
The Fixed Equipment Reliability Engineer reports directly to the Technical Manager in an Eastern Tennessee chemical production facility. The position will be responsible for continuing the development and implementation of the equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety, provide environmental security, and maximize the facility's availability, product quality and cost effectiveness. The individual will be a technical resource and have responsibility for the mechanical integrity program for the site.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Maintenance, Technical, and Operations teams to establish, track, and achieve equipment reliability goals and objectives for the facility.
- Participate in safety and environmental initiatives to ensure overall employee safety and regulatory compliance.
- Develop and monitor predictive and preventative maintenance activities - Pressure vessel and piping mechanical integrity inspections, PSV testing and tracking, etc.
- Provide daily technical support to craftsmen, supervisors, and other engineers to resolve equipment design, maintenance, and operating issues for immediate and long-term solutions.
- Assist in planning and execution of turnaround activities.
- Provide technical input to determine priority and scope of equipment repairs.
- Lead root cause failure investigations for mechanical related incidents.
- Review engineering projects to ensure compliance with plant standards and other applicable industry standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining plant mechanical engineering / safety standards.
- Complete engineering design and documentation for small plant improvement and modification projects.
- Develop and manage reliability projects for plant mechanical systems.
- Review supplier data and witness shop tests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience, preferably in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Process Safety Management and a good understanding of general control preferred.
- Project and Budget Management experience preferred.
- 21+ years of age.
- This is a safety sensitive position which requires employees to disclose the use of any prescription medication that may affect his or her ability to safely perform the essential functions of this position.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiar with ASME BPVC Section VIII, ASME B31.1, and API inspection techniques and requirements.
- Understand maintenance of pressure piping, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, furnaces, and gas boilers.
- Capable of troubleshooting mechanical system issues.
- Possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experienced in RCFA, RCM, or equivalent methodology.
- Competent computer knowledge - CMMS, database management, analysis software, etc.
- Complex problem solving, critical thinking, strong mathematics skills, systems evaluation, operations analysis, strong communication skills.
US Nitrogen, LLC operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This position will be exposed to all elements of the weather on the plant site.
Austin Powder is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Austin Powder also participates in E-Verify.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!