- 07-Oct-2019 to Until Filled (CST)
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
Position open until filled.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Austin are canonically obedient to the Bishop and assist him in fulfilling his ministry and canonical obligations. Pastors, presidents, and principals serve as leaders of the schools to make Christ's mission present and enduring in the schools. In order to fulfill Christ's mission, the school leaders employ suitable, chosen collaborators, sharing with them Christ's mission and entrusting to them various responsibilities.
Positions employed in this School help extend the ministry of the School leaders in particular ways as outlined in the job description. The employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the School leaders in the performance of their ministry and, therefore, engages in ministry for the Church.
The Para-Professional supports the philosophy of Catholic School Education with an aptitude for working with children in an education setting. The Para-Professional supports the teaching staff by assisting with daily educational and physical activities. This position reports to the Principal through the classroom teacher.
- Monitors and assists small group and large group activities.
- Assist in individual remediation.
- Supervises students as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student performance, ability, health, fitness and other school related matters.
- Performs clerical tasks.
- Maintains materials and equipment.
- Duplicates materials.
- Prepares materials (bulletin boards, awards, equipment, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the teacher with the Principal's approval.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Skill in verbal and non-verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively with others (staff, clergy, religious and laity).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to maintain respect at all times.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Training and Education:
- High School Diploma
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
Certifications and Training:
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Current First Aid & CPR certification
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for teaching field as set forth by the Diocese and TCCB ED.
- Must meet staff development guidelines as set forth by the Diocese and school administration.
- Must complete Religion Certification Part 1 within two years of the date of hire, completing a minimum of 25 hours each year.
- All employees of the school are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the Principal in the exercise of the Principal's ministry and obligations to the school.
- The school is an at-will employer.
- Working on weekends, evenings, and some holidays may be required.
- Will be exposed to religious ceremonies, conduct, and speech including Christian prayer and Catholic liturgical celebrations. Staff meetings and other functions may open and close with Christian prayer.
- Will be required to adhere to established dress codes and conduct standards.
- All buildings and vehicles owned by the school are tobacco-free.
- Working in a fast paced environment with priorities and plans that may change rapidly.
- May be required to use personal or school vehicles to drive to off-site locations.
- Traveling within and outside the school to meetings and other events may be required, and travel may include overnight lodging.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!