- Silver Spring, MD, USA
- 55000-65000 The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000. This position is funded by a federal contract and will be contingent upon continued funding.
- Full Time
Program Manager, Community Inclusion
Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), Remote OR National Office, Silver Spring, MD
Are you passionate about supporting people with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities? AUCD, a national nonprofit organization supporting the disability community, is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and goal-oriented Program Manager to support the Community Inclusion team. The Program Manager will manage a range of support, assistance, and guidance to 68 federally funded University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDDs). They will lead training and TA activities including planning and implementing national meetings, webinars, and providing support for individual consultation and site visits. They will also promote awareness of the national network of UCEDDs and contribute to the creation and implementation of strategies that help researchers, clinicians, educators, and others to make collective impact on the service systems supporting people with disabilities.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Lead planning and implementation of national meetings, including recruiting planning committee members, scheduling, and facilitating virtual planning committee meetings, taking notes, and meeting minutes, developing iterative drafts of meeting agendas, and confirming and preparing speakers/presenters.
- Develop accessible online content for outreach to meeting participants, meeting information, registration, and archived materials.
- Collaborate across teams to plan and implement hotel logistics to meet meeting purpose and participant needs for in-person meetings, including accessibility.
- Manage the planning, facilitation and delivery of accessible, virtual training and technical assistance.
- Represent AUCD on advisory groups and at meetings and conferences locally and nationally; deliver presentations and posters on work completed or in progress.
- Work collaboratively with AUCD staff, network members, and external stakeholders to promote equity, diversity, cultural and linguistic competence, and inclusion.
- Provide staff support to AUCD and national UCEDD network entities including Special Interest Groups, Councils, Workgroups-topically relevant to the work of the contract.
- Collaborate with organizational partners and coalitions on activities and initiatives that engage AUCD network members or are relevant to aspects of their work; engage in work that helps new partnerships flourish.
- Develop accessible and culturally & linguistically competent materials for trainings, meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Solicit, develop, and package content for newsletters, fact sheets, webpages, social media, reports and other publications and resources.
- Collaborate with the AUCD communications team to develop and implement strategies for disseminating information, publications and resources to network members and partners.
- Manage and support key quality improvements projects/initiatives and other efforts in response to emerging needs.
- Support UCEDD site visits in collaboration with the team lead and funder, including peer consultant engagement, report preparation, and programmatic follow up with participating programs.
- Support subcontracting tasks including communication, invoicing, and tracking activities.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting in the coordination, delegation and oversight of tasks assigned to Project Specialists.
Education: You will be qualified for this position if you have a Master's degree in a social science, education, administration, public health, policy, or other relevant field (or equivalent professional experience).
Experience: You will be qualified for this position if you have three (3) years of professional experience in human services, health sciences, disability, public health, or a related field.
Other Requirements: Ability to telecommute from remote locations when needed. Ability to travel, typically 3-4 days at a time, 3-5 times annually.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000. This position is funded by a federal contract and will be contingent upon continued funding.
Please submit: (1) a letter of interest, (2) a resume of relevant experience, (3) names and contact information of at least three professional references, and (4) any accommodations needed for the application and interview. The position will remain open until filled.
Please note: This position is currently remote but has the option of working at the National Office.
Applicants are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
AUCD is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to hairstyle, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information about AUCD, visit: www.aucd.org.