- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Circle of Greatness LLC is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Financial Controller to join our growing company! Circle of Greatness LLC, founded by Nehemiah Davis, was created with the purpose to equip and empower aspiring and new entrepreneurs with resources and connections to help them grow personally and professionally. Here at Circle of Greatness, we serve our clients, students and community members through a variety of platforms and connection opportunities such as memberships in our Circle of Greatness Academy (COGA), events and digital resources such as e-books, classes and webinars and partnership opportunities.
As a Financial Controller, you will serve as a strategic partner to the CEO in managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, managing complex bookkeeping duties, managing the month-end close process, managing invoicing and billing (Accounts Receivables) for multiple programs and offers, managing bill pay (Accounts Payables), acting as an accounting liaison between multiple companies and departments.overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy Financial Controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train team members on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
If you are excited about the possibility of working in a startup environment and developing an accounting department, this role may be for you!
Your Responsibilities (These will grow!):
- Accounts Payable including: purchase orders and vendor records maintenance
- Bank reconciliations for multiple entities
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports
- General Ledger maintenance
- Financial performance and operational analysis
- Prepare Month End Close out and monthly financial statements
- Prepare the annual budget and oversee the audit process
- Maintain financial documents
- New vendor setup and maintenance
- Vendor statement reconciliation
- Deposit and cash reporting
- Sales Tax Preparation and Filing
- Local Tax Preparation
- Management of the expense request and reimbursement process in partnership with human resources
- Assign company cards to designated personal and review expenses as necessary
- Monitor email inbox to ensure quick and accurate communication with external stakeholders
- Suggest process improvements and better ways of completing tasks
- Create and document new processes and updates to old processes
- Commit to consistently growing and improving
- Act as accounting liaison to other team members/coworkers as well as external accounting support
- Analyzing financial data
- Monitoring internal controls.
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Participating in budgeting processes
- Managing financial transactions
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Developing plans for financial growth
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes
- Oversee and manage an accounting team of 1-2 workers
Financial Controller Requirements:
- 6-8 years of experience as an Accountant or in a similar role
- An accounting degree - CPA is highly preferred
- Experience working with Senior Leadership in a Startup environment
- Experience using QuickBooks Online (or comparable accounting software)
- Experience communicating with clients & solving client issues - A great communicator!
- Problem solving skills - A critical thinker who can figure out what makes sense...
- Strong interest in innovation & process creation - We love new ideas!
- Someone who is extremely detail oriented & strives for accuracy in their work.
- Someone who is responsible & takes pride & ownership of their work.
- Someone who is able to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Someone who is a true team player & wants to be a part of building something BIG!