Circle of Greatness LLC is looking for a skilled and experienced Director of Operations to join our growing company! Circle of Greatness LLC, founded by Nehemiah Davis, was created with the purpose to equip and empower aspiring and new entrepreneurs with resources and connections to help them grow personally and professionally. Here at Circle of Greatness, we serve our clients, students and community members through a variety of platforms and connection opportunities such as memberships in our Circle of Greatness Academy (COGA), events and digital resources such as e-books, classes and webinars and partnership opportunities.
As a member of the Circle of Greatness team, you will be an essential part of the operation that drives our business forward.
As a Director of Operations, you will serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO and will be responsible for the oversight and management of the company's day-to-day operations ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively as well as executing the company's overall business strategy. In addition to operations, the Director of Operations utilizes accounting skills to manage finances, provide business analyses and create reports for the CEO.
- Manage and oversee the company's overall day-to-day operations including but not limited to the general management and oversight of the sales and marketing, operations and finance and administration functions of the business
- Ensure the effective use of workforce, equipment and other resources in an efficient and productive manner to increase profits and reduce the waste of resources.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in conjunction with the CEO
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Evaluate company performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics and providing reports to the CEO
- Designs and maintains clear operational guides and standard operating procedures to ensure consistency of operations and the efficient delivery of services in accordance with contractual service level agreements
- Prepares and maintains operations documents and reports including but not limited to SOPs, operating manuals and instruction guides as directed by the CEO
- Coordinate with team leaders, department heads and other staff members to facilitate communication for the smooth running of the company.
- Oversee the scheduling of staff, allocation of human resources and coordinate with HR in the recruitment, hiring, corrective action, training, performance reviews and other activities involving personnel.
- Create forecasts for projects with associated staff members and develop initiatives to achieve these goals.
- Collaborate with the financial team to review financial reports for accuracy, completeness and whether they are in line with current projections and ultimate business goals.
- Serve as the liaison between the outsourced financial team and the company
- Assist the CEO in managing capital investments and expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability
- Ensure that all equipment and the overall facilities are correctly and adequately maintained, serviced and tested in accordance with instructions and guidance from manufacturers, regulations and in line with business needs
- Provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment and promptly address all facilities management issues
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures and developing additional revenue generating activities for the company
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications or a related field AND 5-7 years of work experience in a similar position or 10-15 years of experience in an operations position- certifications will be considered as well
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills
- Ability to understand and interpret financial reports and data on an intermediate to advanced level as well as translate data into usable information for the company
- Experience with creating and maintaining budgets
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines, budget and high expectations from management
- Ability to work and communicate with a team in an online collaboration platform.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives simultaneously within compressed time frames, while still maintaining effectiveness
- Must have proficient computer and technical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and work proactively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Effective rapport-building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, innovative and creative
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and exceptional problem solving skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of popular social media platforms, emerging networks, and apps.
- Digital Marketing and Sales Experience
- Ability to use project management systems such as Asana, Trello or Monday
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.